《26》

"Are you sure this is a good idea, Samantha?" Eros asked as he hesitantly held her arm and stopped her from walking through the slightly open door

"Are you sure this is a good idea, Samantha?" Eros asked as he hesitantly held her arm and stopped her from walking through the slightly open door. He grimaced and waited for her to turn towards him before he let go of his grip on her.

Samantha scoffed and waved him off, "Of course it's fine. Have you forgotten? You used to hang out here all the time." 

Eros let out a breath and shook his head, "That was years ago." 

She turned to him then and tilted her head to the side. Her hand slowly fell from the cold handle in front of the tall, mahogany door that lead to the kitchen they had walked out of earlier. She took in his slouched posture and crossed her arms over her chest.

"All the more reason to get to know everyone in the process." She paused, "—you wanted to thank them, yes?" She asked, waiting for him to lift his captivating eyes towards her. 

Unlike before, they held an emotion that she couldn't quite decipher nor did she want to. She was just happy that he was finally loosening up around her. She stepped closer towards him and rose on her tippy toes to place her hand on top of his head. She flattened a strand of rebellious hair that had shot up untidily and she looked at him.

"Look how tall you've grown." She commented with a proud smile playing on her lips, "—alright. You can meet everyone at your own time then. I'm sure they'll understand."

"Of course." He said and straightened back, squaring his shoulders, "—later then." 

With a nod in her direction, he turned and walked down the hallway for the third time that day. Only this time, a small smile crept on his face as he walked back to find Mika. He felt like taking a walk outside the place, but decided to tell him first before he left. He didn't feel like getting a scolding from him any more than he already has since he arrived. Mika had taken it upon himself to show him the ropes of how things operated, despite his numerous denials. Eros shook his head as he rounded the corner that lead to the art room where he was most likely to be. He pulled the door open and did a double take. Slowly, he shut the door in front of him as quietly as he could and made himself scarce. It seemed like his afternoon walk around Lesivrydah would have to wait. 

He shook his head at the irony he had just witness. Mika and Quinn were definitely comfortable with each other. Enough for her to calmly sit on his lap whilst he worked on his painting. Eros almost laughed at him. It was barely five or so hours since he made it clear to him that he couldn't love another.

Yet here we are.

They did make a fine couple regardless. He could only hope that they hadn't noticed his intrusion earlier.

🔱🔱🔱

Kayden tossed his keys on the table and loosened his tie the second he walked into their house. He took off his shoes and stepped onto the soft, fluffy carpet in the living room. He walked towards the couch and plopped on it with a heavy sigh. The conversation with Harred had been playing in his mind ever since he had left the office. How could he not have known that his daughter had transferred school? Clenching his jaw, he turned behind him the second small, perfectly manicured hands trailed down his chest and wrapped themselves around his neck in an embrace.