《19》

Ashley woke up an hour later than usual, and yet she didn't feel bothered at all

Ashley woke up an hour later than usual, and yet she didn't feel bothered at all. She forced herself out of her bed and got ready to get to class. She scurried around the empty room, walking up and about as she unwillingly kept replaying what happened last night. She couldn't believe that she had actually managed to get the resolve to walk all the way over to Eros' in just lingerie and an oversized shirt.

She groaned and cursed herself for even bothering to go that far. Of course he would have a girl over. Of course he wouldn't be affected as much as she was. Of course he didn't feel anything towards her. Eros Huxley could have any girl he wanted, now that she thought about it. He was handsome, rich, driven—he was perfect.

Why would someone like him ever settle for her, be worried when they had a fight and beg her to come back?

He had everything, really. She sighed and decided that she really couldn't blame him. Plus, there was that gigantic fact that they weren't even dating to begin with.

He did nothing wrong.

So, why did it feel like he did? Why did Ashley feel like she had been cheated on?

She grabbed her share of the keys and was out thirty minutes later. She dragged her feet as she went to the Elite Building, all the while keeping a look out for Blake and hoping like hell she doesn't bump into him. She got a notification on her phone from her class group chat and nearly groaned out loud.

To all Elite Students.

Mr. Fernandass' morning class has been relocated to the Pioneer Building. You are to have a joint class with them, as he is unwell.

Yours,

Elite Building President,

Austin McLaren.

She sighed and shoved it into her pockets, making a u–turn and heading back down towards the Pioneer Building, which was right next to the main cafeteria where they had the food fight not to long ago. Ashley shuddered remembering how much of a hustle it had been to clean up the whole damn three story building. How the food managed to spread down the floors was still a mystery to everyone.

She got to the class just as the teacher was about to assign groups. Ashley sat at the very back and sunk on her seat, zoning out as she read out the group members.

"Simon, Jason and Austin will be joined by Ashley Crowther. Akira, who is not present, will join..."

Ashley looked up at the teacher then immediately swiped her gaze around the room to met Jason's excited brown eyes. She relaxed and shot him a grin back as relief slowly crept into her system. Blake apparently wasn't in this class.

Once the teacher was done calling out the groups, everyone moved towards their group mates, actually looking like they would get the work done. Jason stood up and walked all the way to where Ashley was sat. She tilted her head to the side and noticed then that Jason had a certain bounce in his step, and his shoulders suddenly seemed broader.