《29》

Reece stepped out of the cabin with the biggest smile on his face

Reece stepped out of the cabin with the biggest smile on his face. He shut the door behind him as quietly as he could and ran a hand across his chin, his mind wandering back to last night as he mindlessly walked towards the dining area. As he passed Alessio's room, the wooden mahogany door swung open and the man himself walked out. He too had a grin on his face. His hair was wet and sticking to his face in various spots, dripping with water. Reece tilted his head to the side curiously as he watched him step out with a towel in his hand. Alessio, noticing he had an audience, looked up at Reece and his grin widened.

"Hey man." He greeted and Reece snickered at him in return.

"Someone's unusually happy." Reece commented as he waited for him to catch up and stuffed his hands in his shorts pocket. 

Alessio shrugged, bringing the towel to his hair, "What? Can't I be happy to see my friend?" He said, drying his hair.

Reece chuckled and shook his head, "You could be, but we both know you're not a morning person." He said, remembering the first day they woke up and how grumpy he had been in the morning.

Until he saw Casey.

Alessio chuckled and draped his now damp towel around his neck. It had barely helped keep his hair dry, but Reece wasn't going to say anything. The guy had a thick head of hair. Alessio suddenly frowned and looked back at their cabins, just then realizing that someone was missing. He looked back at Reece.

"Where's Ashley?"

Reece shrugged, "Asleep." 

"Right. Isn't she joining us for breakfast?" 

Reece's lip twitched at the corner as he turned to Alessio, "I'll make sure to grab some for her."

Alessio narrowed his eyes at him, even as he turned back to the path ahead of them and walked with a slight bounce in his step. He pursed his lips and looked away once he realized he was doing the same thing. Casey was sound asleep in his room, snoring away and hugging his pillow for dear life. He cringed and subconsciously rubbed his neck underneath the towel, remembering how rough of a sleeper she was and how she almost suffocated him with her vice like grip on his neck last night. He let out a scoff, having been caught off guard when she suddenly reached for her neck and demanded him to go faster.

The two of them were quiet as they walked together, each of them in their own minds when a voice interrupted them halfway into reaching their destination, "Looks like we're all late."

Two startled faces turned towards the voice and smirked. Seb jogged the rest of the distance between them with Brock not so far behind him with a frown on his face.

"Morning." Seb greeted with a smile as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and nodded at Alessio and Reece once they greeted him back.

Brock paused in his step, his frown deepening before he tilted his head to the side, "Why do you all look so cheerful? It's eight in the morning." He grumbled before he caught up with them.