《33》

Ashley looked around the restaurant with her mouth agape

Ashley looked around the restaurant with her mouth agape. She hadn't expected much having only had one opportunity to leave school with the guys. She had no idea such a place existed a few kilometers away from the school. Fancy didn't even come close to describing the establishment. The restaurant seemed like something you're supposed to find in heaven. The colours matched perfectly, with them being a nice, soft beige and very light brown mix. The walls, tables, curtains and chandeliers were a beautiful beige colour with the reservation desk in front of them complimented by the place's name in a nice, elegant, italic font. The seats, table cloths and ceiling were light brown and pleasing to the eye. The cutlery stood out nicely with them being a soft grey that was enough to be noticed with ease.

The staff were dressed in black aprons and light brown uniforms as well, matching the restaurant's aesthetic. Ashley looked at her underdressed self and wished she had changed before heading out with Reece. She turned back to him and stick out her bottom lip, to which he tilted his head cutely to one side in wonder.

"Don't like it?" He asked, disappointment flickering in his eyes before he swiped it off and instead scratched the back of his head, "—I just thought a nice little restaurant would be ideal for our first date." He continued causing Ashley's face to immediately fall and her heart to clench.

"No, no. I just wish you told me we would be going somewhere this fancy." She explained, before she reached for the hand on his head and interlocked his long, cold fingers with hers, "—I love it."

Reece grinned in  response and tightened his hand around hers before they took a step towards the lady waiting for them with a smile, "Good evening," Reece greeted first as Ashley drowned their conversation out and took another glance around the place. 

It seemed to be a very popular place, judging from the tables already occupied. She suddenly frowned and began frantically searching for an empty spot for them, hoping they weren't fully booked and they had to wait. She just knew Reece would be disappointed, knowing he would want this date to go as smoothly as possible. She turned back to him and the receptionist's conversation, prayed she doesn't dismiss them.

"Of course, my co-worker will lead you to your table upstairs." She said as she frantically waved at her very confused colleague.

Ashley frowned as she watched the tall, bulky man—seeming to be only a couple years older than her—rush over towards them and wave his hand from to past him, 

"Right this way, please." 

She looked up at Reece, seeing the content look in his eyes as he followed after the man, gently leading Ashley after him in the process. She blinked at his back, realizing she had completely overlooked the possibility of there being another part of the restaurant upstairs. Reece suddenly came to a halt at the bottom of the stairs and placed his free hand at the small of Ashley's waist, causing her to stop as well and look up at him and wonder why he stopped. He smiled at her and gently tugged her up while his eyes gleamed with nothing but mischief. Ashley gave him a deadpanned look before she went first, shaking her head and sending an apologetic smile at the man waiting on the second flight of stairs. She almost snickered at his disgusted face, but he was so quick to wipe it off when he caught her eyes that Ashley thought to ignore it.