《22》

They finally landed on their third and final stop

They finally landed on their third and final stop. Casey had mentioned that after their flight they would probably have to take a bus again to the beach and hop on a yacht to get to the island. Her assumption was right as Mr. Heine led the group towards a white bus that was parked a few steps away from the departure exit. They all filed in, but Ashley couldn't see Casey anywhere. She grimaced and followed the students into the bus. It was big than the minibus and would fit all twenty seven of them.

She spotted her friend already seated, but someone else sat by her and judging from the look on Casey's face, Ashley decided not to come between them or whatever they were talking about. She frowned at the man beside her and pursed her lips. She could only see the side of his face, but even then she could tell this man was attractive. He had broad shoulders and his cheekbone was full of adorable freckles. His eyes were a nice, light shade of blue, that almost put Seb's own to shame.

Finally noticing she was holding up the line, she walked further down the bus and unwillingly locked eyes with hard, sky blue eyes. Reece scoffed at her and scooted to his right, leaving an open seat on his left as he stared at her expectantly. Ashley pursed her lips and contemplated joining him. The drive to the boat couldn't be a long one so they wouldn't be spending a lot of time together/ She sighed and scanned her eyes around the bus once more. Jason was seated with Blake, Ally was seated at the back with Seb, Brock and Simon, who she remembered from the joined class they had together in the Pioneer Ground not too long ago.

All of them sent her apologetic smiles once they realized they forgot to leave space for her. She didn't blame them however, and scrunched up her nose at them in an attempt to loosen them up.

She made the mistake of looking at the seats behind her and only then noticed just who was standing behind her.

Donovan Huxley towered over her, but his eyes were on someone else. He had his jaw clenched tightly together and his arms looked incredibly tensed as they held onto the bus rail above their heads. Cringing, she basically jumped into the seat next to Reece; who didn't miss her feeble attempts at trying to make herself look small so Donovan doesn't realize she already took a seat. He frowned at him and tilted his head to the side, watching Donovan turn his head towards her the second she stepped towards the seat.

"Trouble in paradise?" He asked her as she pulled her carry on bag closer to her chest.

When she didn't answer, he frowned and looked between her and Donovan again then puffed his chest and sat up straighter, "You're holding up the line." Reece said, waiting for him to shift his eyes to him instead.

Donovan's jaw pulsed as he took the seat in front of where the two of them were, looking displeased. Reece lowered his eyes to meet Ashley's own and cocked his eyebrows at the look in them. She looked pissed, but he knew that it wasn't directed at him. Amused, he threw his head back and let out a chuckle.

"What?" She asked, turning her head and glaring at the back of Donovan's seat.

Her ice grip on the bag tightened greatly; only a fool couldn't tell that she was contemplating whether or not she should smack the guy's shaved head with it.