《34》

Ashley let out a cough as her back hit the cold, hard wall behind her

Ashley let out a cough as her back hit the cold, hard wall behind her. She brought her lower lip between her teeth and ran her tongue over it, tasting blood and her vision slightly blurring before focusing back on the vile creature in front of her. It had finally decieded to make it's move after one and a half months of nothing but empty threats. It's fiery eyes stared back at her with nothing but disdain and hate directed to her very soul. She let out a breath through her nose and squared her shoulders as the back of her head throbbed ever so slightly from the impact.

She almost laughed at how she chose to attack her in the darkness, away from any witnesses or eyes. Mariana's claws suddenly shot for her neck, her nails digging to its side, causing her to cringe in pain. Ashley in turn grabbed a fistful of the collar of her shirt and clenched her teeth. If she wanted to fight, Ashley was sure as fuck not letting her have an easy time.

"You're so fucking disgusting." The snake snarled and dug her nails deeper in her neck.

Ashley was sure her nails where drawing blood but she refused to show her much pain she was causing her. Wounds heal, but regret sticks with you when you don't do everything you can about something, "Says the coward attacking me from behind; in the dark no less."

A sluggish, evil grin wound it's way across Mariana's plump, unfairly full lips, her green eyes shinning with malice and ill intent, "You call it being a coward, but the way I see it—," she paused, then leaned closer towards her ear, "—there are no camera here, no witnesses. I could kill you right here, right now and leave your body here."

Ashley gritted her teeth, her grip tightening on Mariana's shirt, her heart beating so fast in her ears, she was afraid it would burst, "Let go of me." She growled out, her own eyes darkening with anger and frustration. She didn't want to deal with this, didn't have the patience to and was afraid that her old self would show to the last person she wanted to reveal it to. 

Mariana threw her head back in laughter, before she leaned even closer towards Ashley, her eyes briefly lowering to her lips and staying there for a while, before traveling them up her nose and eventually meeting her burning gaze, "If I didn't hate you so much, I'd be so turned on right now."

Ashley blinked at her, caught off-guard by what she just said, before she was roughly shoved in front then slammed hard  back against the wall, "God, you're so gullible." Mariana assumed as Ashley groaned in pain and let go of her grip on her, "—I wonder if that's the reason Eros liked you?" 

Ashley gritted her teeth once again before she brought her hand on Mariana's chin and pushed her away from her. Luckily, she wasn't quite heavy and her attack was successful in catching her off-guard and sending her staggering backwards a few steps, "What the fuck is your problem? He's just a man, nothing special, you act like he's a King you've sworn to protect. I've moved out, we're not talking anymore so leave me the fuck alone!" Ashley exclaimed, her breathing hard and first as she looked at the woman grinning in front of her.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍: 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 🎉