《2》

《Pioneer Grounds Hallway Above》

"What do you want, Eros." Ally asked, ice and disdain dripping from her voice as she raised her chin higher in the air to meet his eyes.

The man looked away first with a hard scowl gracing his face, before he let out a breath through his nose and turned back to her, "I need you to pick up Donovan." He revealed, his lips pressed into a hard, thin line.

"Why? He can drive himself for all I care."

"Father's orders." He said, his eyes carefully searching his sister's and watching her carefully.

Ashley pursed her lips as she watched these two. It became clear that they weren't the closest siblings she's seen in her life, but there seemed to be something more to them. She looked around the cafeteria and at the different faces that all seemed to be watching the conversation unfold in front of them. She turned back to the others in her table and tilted her head to the side with curiosity.

Casey was the only one uninterested in the two of them, which was saying a lot because the girl lived for drama. Jason had a burger in his hands as he kept his eyes on Ally, who had her shoulders slightly hunched forward, despite the hard expression on her face. Blake had his eyes on Eros as he sat leaned back on his seat with his arms crossed on his chest. His eyebrows were scrunched up and close to each other as if he couldn't believe he was actually in front of him.

"Why can't you do it?" Ally asked, straightening her back and taking a huge gulp as she kept her eyes on him.

Eros' frown left his face and was replaced by a dull, expressionless mask, "I will not bother you again." He answered, his jaw pulsing as he reached for something in his pocket and stretched out his hand towards his sister, "—just this once." He finished as he handed her a bunch of keys jumbled together with a black, simple key ring.

Ally looked at his hand, then followed along it, up his black sweatshirt, to the tattoos poking out of his collar, his chin, cheeks and finally stopped at his eyes. She pulled back the corner of her lips before she snapped her gaze away from him and rose to her feet.

She roughly swiped the keys off of his hand as if wishing she had the strength to take his hand with her and stormed out of the cafeteria with almost every single pair of eyes watching after her.

Ashley raised and lowered her eyebrows, perplexed by the thick air that still choked the room even after their conversation finally came to an end. She pursed her lips and turned back to her food, questions swimming in her mind about them. She couldn't help but wonder what could have possibly happened between the two siblings to make them so tensed around each other.

She herself had a brother, and he was nothing like him, and she like Ally. If anything her brother was the complete opposite. She frowned, rethinking her deduction as she remembered all the times he'd bully her.