Chapter 1 - Changes

Author's Note: Hi reader! This is my first proper fanfic story, so sorry if it's not great, though I would love some feedback on my writing. I have previously written a short story about Undercover Princess, so I would love it if you could check that out too. It's called 'The Rosewood Chronicles: Undercover Princess - Horror Story Edition'. 

Anyway, I ship Lottie and Jamie SO HARD, I just had to write a fanfic of them. (Btw, I have read up to the third book, 'The Lost Princess', so I'll try to make sure there are no spoilers! Also this story is from up to Chapter 36) I hope you enjoy!

(P.S: All the P.O.Vs will be in 3rd person, just like the real books.)

Lottie's P.O.V:

Lottie awoke with a sudden jolt in Room 221, feeling confused. She had had an odd dream, one where she was underwater, trying to call out for help but the sound came out muffled. And Jamie was there too, calling for help as well. But then he saw Lottie, and moved in closer, closer until the gap was closed and their lips met underwater.

Then it hit her. That dream wasn't far from the reality of last night. The thought of what happened made her cringe slightly. At least Jamie was now okay, no longer in that weird state, but she kept replaying that moment around in her head. Not when they fell in the pool, but when Jamie had leant closer, towards Lottie, trying to close that gap between them. And when he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, how she blushed furiously and how she felt so breathless and unsteady.

Something towards how she felt about him had changed. She just didn't know it yet.

Lottie looked up; Ellie, obviously still asleep at 9:30am, was snoring gently. Good job it's a Saturday, Lottie thought to herself. She hated having to force Ellie awake. It wasn't exactly an easy job, especially when you get pillows thrown at you. Smiling to herself, Lottie got ready, left Ellie one of her signature 'I got up earlier than you, don't panic, I haven't been taken by aliens!' notes, and quietly slipped out of the room.

On her way to the dining hall, she passed Binah. "Morning Binah, what are you doing in the Ivy building so early?"

"Oh, hi there Lottie! I just came to speak to your head of house about some more maths work."

Lottie couldn't possibly imagine why anyone would want extra maths work, but she simply gave Binah a smile instead.

"Oh, and also, I wanted to ask you about you and Jamie." Binah stated. Lottie's eyes widened; she could tell her cheeks were flushed, and it suddenly felt really hot in the corridor. "Um...wh-...why...what do you want to ask exactly?" Lottie stuttered. Why am I stumbling over my words like this? She thought, and why do I feel so nervous?

"Well, Ms Kuma asked me if I could ask the two of you if you could pair up for a group project, you know, the one for English? She was going to herself, but she couldn't quite catch you at the end of class. She said something like that you work really well together, and she wants to see what her top two English students could achieve together."

"Oh, I- uh...right, of course, I'll ask him about it later."

"Great! Bye, Lottie" Binah waved as she hurried down the corridor.

"Right...um...bye!" Lottie called, and walked off in the opposite direction to the dining hall, suddenly not so hungry, and much, much more nervous. But why?