Chapter 2 - Jealousy

Jamie's P.O.V:

Partizan training. Again. It was a never-ending, vicious cycle. He was done for the morning, yet only slightly tired. He had run more laps than usual today. Not because he wanted to get more laps into his routine, but because he was trying to clear his mind. After last night.

Jamie didn't remember much, if he was being honest, but what he could recall made his heart skip a beat. Lottie. She made his heart ache with sadness. She shouldn't have to put her life in danger for somebody else. But, then again, that was rather ironic. That was exactly what he was doing. Protecting Ellie, the real Princess, not Lottie, never Lottie before anyone else, but Ellie. He kicked the dirt on the ground in anger and frustration. Why am I having such stupid thoughts?! I need to focus! Sighing, he packed his training equipment, and walked backed to the Ivy House.

When he arrived at the dining hall, his eyes instantly found Lottie. She was at their usual table, along with Ellie, who looked as if she just woke up, (Jamie wouldn't be surprised if she just had), Anastacia, (wearing sunglasses indoors as always) Saskia, Lola, Mickey and Raphael.

Jamie made his way to the table and sat down in the only spare seat. The one opposite Lottie. They avoided eye contact, still feeling awkward after last night. He tried to act as nonchalant as possible, which wasn't too hard, thanks to his Partizan training. He could tell, however, that it was much more difficult for Lottie.

"Morning Jamie, are you feeling okay after, well, you know?" Ellie asked.

He gave her a nod. "Yes, I feel fine, thanks."

She gave him a small side smile, one that took him back to when they were just kids, playing together in the palace gardens... But those days were long gone. He was a proper Partizan now. He had to take his role seriously.

Speaking of which, they still had to be careful around Anastacia. Who knew what she might be up to, what she spiked his drink with? It had to have been her. Jamie looked over at her as discreetly as possible, not even moving his head, his Partizan skills kicking in. Why does she always have to wear sunglasses? In fact, it was almost suspicious; was she trying to hide something?

Lottie's P.O.V:

Lottie looked at Jamie. She wanted to stare at him forever; there was something about his messy, dishevelled hair from training that made him look...different. She couldn't quite place it, but she didn't want to look away.

It seemed as if he was intently watching Anastacia. For some reason, this made Lottie feel almost...jealous. But that was ridiculous, she knew he was watching her because she was a suspect that they couldn't trust. No, no, she didn't feel jealous, she just felt very aware of it. Those were two very different things. Right?