Chapter 14 - The Idea

Lottie's P.O.V:

Lottie looked up at the clock. 5pm. Ellie had told her to meet her in the Ivy study room, so that they could discuss something, and tell Lottie her 'genius idea'. Ellie was much too excited when she told this to her Portman, so Lottie supposed that this 'idea' was one of two things: absolutely brilliant, or absolutely horrific. And it was time to find out.

Lottie knocked on the door, hoping she had got the right study room. For a split second, she thought she hadn't as it was Jamie who opened the door, a slightly shocked and confused expression on his face. It was only until Lottie saw Ellie at the back of the room that she realised Ellie had arranged this so that both Lottie and Jamie would turn up.

"Oh...Hi, Lottie," Ellie called casually from across the room, slumped carelessly on a small sofa. "Now that you're both here, we can finally start." She gave Jamie a smirk as she said this, earning her a mildly irritated look from him.

Lottie felt a slightly awkward tension in the air as she walked over to sit on the small sofa at the back of the room, next to Jamie, as Ellie got up. Lottie didn't look over at him, for she still felt a nervous feeling in her stomach. Ellie paced up and down the room in front of them, an almost mischievous grin on her face.

"Ok, so, I know that you two want to date, but you can't because you're worried about your jobs as my Portman and Partizan, but I have a genius idea so that you don't have to worry!" She gave them both another excited grin, still pacing the room.

She had a fiery determination in her eyes, which only made Lottie feel more anxious. Ellie stopped to look at Jamie, and he held her gaze for a few seconds. Lottie felt as if they were communicating telepathically. And, as it turned out, they almost were.

"NO! Ellie, you will not!" Jamie suddenly exclaimed sternly, giving Ellie a furious look. "You know you can't! That would be too-"

"But what if I could?! I technically can if I want too!" Ellie retorted furiously. Lottie suddenly felt very left out and isolated from this mind-reading conversation.

Jamie ran his hand through his hair in frustration, and though this was obviously a serious situation, Lottie couldn't help but feel completely breathless as he did so. Ellie caught Lottie watching and gave a small smirk, though it was slightly forced.

"Um...guys...What are you talking about?" Lottie asked timidly, still left in the dark, and afraid of their heated, fierce argument. Ellie and Jamie turned to each other, and the Partizan shook his head, still exasperated. Unfortunately for Jamie, the Princess was infamous for being more than a little defiant, so she ignored this.

"My idea is so that you two can date freely and publicly..."Ellie quickly glanced over at Jamie's furious expression, who was mouthing 'Don't' at her, but that only seemed to make her more obstinate.

"...Which is why I'm going to reveal myself as Princess Eleanor Prudence Wolfson, Princess of Maradova."