Epilogue: Part 2 - The Ball

Author's Note: Here it is, part two to the epilogue. Once again, I would like to say a huge thank you to every single person who has read this story, voted on my chapters and given me kind words of support. You all know who you are. I am incredibly proud of this story, especially as I had only originally decided to write a fan fiction on a whim. It all means the world to me, and I never imagined to get so many views quite so quickly.

And finally, here's the very last part to the story, and I hope you enjoy!

Lottie's P.O.V:

"You know, you've definitely got better at dancing over the years, Your Majesty." Lottie teased, dancing with Ellie, the new Queen of Maradova, but there was certainly some truth to her words. They were waltzing across the marble floors of the ballroom at the celebratory ball. Though Ellie wanted to break as many royal traditions as she could, unfortunately for her, having a ball was a necessity.

Lottie, on the other hand, was more than thrilled at the prospect of another royal function, especially as it was a dance. That was one thing that had never changed over the years - Lottie's love for all things regal and elaborate, as well as her love of childhood fairytales.

Ellie rolled her eyes at Lottie's words. "Please, don't call me that. It's bad enough being addressed as 'princess', let alone 'Your Majesty'." Ellie pulled a grimace and made a retching sound.

Lottie tried to stifle her giggle. "Ellie, people are looking," she whispered. "This is a bad first impression for the Maravish queen."

"Whatever." Ellie replied, leading Lottie and their waltz in time with the music.

"And what do you think of the ball so far?" Lottie questioned, curious of Ellie's response.

"I guess it's kind of okay. I mean, it's sort of like if I was having a birthday party...except it's not actually my birthday, and it's less of a party, and more of a royal dance. But other than that, it's not too bad. At least I don't have to wear some stupid dress this time." They both smiled at this, remembering when Lottie was a Portman, and was revealed as the 'Maravish Princess'. She had asked Ellie to wear a dress along with her, though she had detested it.

From the corner of her eye, Lottie could see Raphael, Binah and Ollie, all talking animatedly with each other. She smiled, knowing that some friendships truly lasted forever. Eventually, the music and the dance came to an end, and Lottie stood facing Ellie in the centre of the room.

"I know you're worried, but you'll make a great queen." Lottie spoke quietly, and reached out to squeeze Ellie's hand reassuringly, taking them both back to when they were just kids.

"Thank you," Ellie replied, her look of apprehensiveness quickly melting into a grateful expression instead. The queen squeezed Lottie's hand back in return. Lottie watched Ellie's eyes move from Lottie's face to somewhere behind her shoulder.

"It looks like your fiancé is here." Ellie gave her a smirk, let go of her hand, and slipped away quietly. Then Lottie turned around to see him. Jamie.

Their eyes snapped onto each other. Though Lottie had known him for years, and though she had seen him almost every day of her life since meeting him, he never failed to take her breath away with just a simple glance at him.

Jamie came closer towards her, wearing a pristine black suit, and his dark hair was as untameable as ever. Typical, Lottie thought to herself, smiling. He looked incredible - like a valiant knight, she couldn't help but think.

Lottie looked across the room to see Lola and Mickey discreetly placing as many Tompkins sweets as they could onto the vast buffet table. To the left of them, she spotted Ellie, Anastacia and Saskia talking together. Ellie was, as always, stuffing her face with as many Maravish pastries as she could in a manner that didn't seem very queenlike, but that was just her nature. She was unapologetic for everything.