Be a Survivor

"Meredith had a lot of stress on her body. She coded during surgery and....."
"And what!!?" Derek asked
"Don't interrupt me Derek. Other than that she is ok. She is up in Post-Op."
"Thank you!" Derek said, hugging Alex

Derek ran to Post-Op. Meredith was still sleeping, Bailey and Zola are in daycare, and the Baby is down in the NICU.
Derek sat by Mer's bedside every second until she woke up. Her arm fracture had healed so that cast was off. But he hated seeing her all beat up. Still healing scars from different surgeries, arm and leg casts. He hated it. Maybe more than he hated everyone that hurt him.

"Mm. Derek." Meredith said while groaning in pain.
"Meredith! Omg your ok! I love you. I do. I'm sorry I wasn't watching you. The baby was just at high risk and-."
"Derek. It's ok. I know you love me. Now where are my kids." Meredith said while giving a light chuckle.
Derek sighs. Kissing her head he says "I will go get them."

Derek went to go get Zola and Bailey. He still wasn't sure Meredith could see the baby to be named.

Derek's POV
I hated seeing Mer like that. Hopeless. I feel hopeless. I wish I could just switch with her. She doesn't even know the gender of our baby. She passed out before she even knew. If seeing the kids will make her feel better then why not. It's the least I can do. It's not fair. She is a survivor. Why do I doubt her.

"Zozo! Bailey!" Mer lightly screamed.
"Mommy!" They both said together.

After the kids went back to daycare. Alex came in.
"Hi Mer."
"Hey Alex. Mm" Meredith said while scrunching her face.
"Mer what's wrong?!" Alex and Derek asked together.
"I don't know. It just hurts. Bad."

Alex lifted her gown. Revealing at least 6 incisions from different surgeries. 

"Uhh Derek come here."
"What Alex. OMG."

There was a massive infection spreading throughout her abdomen. Derek didn't want her to go back into surgery, but if he wanted her to live he had to.

"Go, save my wife Karev!"

To be continued.......