Let Me Live

Mer sat in the back with Lauren's golden blonde hair and head on Mer's lap.
"Lauren. Please wake up."
"Derek, are we going to Grey- Sloan?"
"Yes. I don't care. It's the best hospital."
"Derek. You know you can't be on her case."
"I know."

They pulled into the parking lot.
Derek carried Lauren bridal style into the ER.
"Hunt!"
"Shepherd? I thought you went to your mom's."
"We did. But Lauren passed out. Her pupil is blown."
"Get her to Trauma room 4."
"I'm going to go lay down." Mer told Der.
"Ok."

Derek stood in the waiting room.
"We are going to take her up to CT."
"I'm coming with you."
"Shepherd."
"I'm a neuro surgeon. I'm coming."
"Fine."

"Why are the scans moving?"
"She's seizing!" Derek yelled.
"Turn her to her side."

The seizure passed. They were finally able to get a clear read.
"It's a tumor." Hunt said sadly.
"She has cancer?" Derek questioned.
"Derek. You know that isn't what that means."
"Run all the tests you have Hunt. Find out what is wrong with her."
"Three steps ahead of you."

Mer POV
I couldn't be there. I love her. I feel like my mom. Correction, mother. There was a very thick line when it comes to mother and mom. Carolyn was more like a mom to me. So was Susan. I was finally able to go to sleep. Everything was going through my head. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Mer. Baby you need to wake up."
"What-is she ok?"
"Mer, she has a brain tumor in her frontal lobe. Almost inoperable. But with a good amount of chemo and radiation, they should be able to get it all."
"What. No. No."
Mer said while curling up in a ball of the bed.
"Mer. I know. She is going to be ok." He said trying to convince her as much as himself.

"Derek, I'm a surgeon. A fricken surgeon. How- why her?"
"I know Mer. No one could have seen this coming."
"I'm just like my Mother."
"No you are not. Mer this is not your fault."
"If I had just let Finn keep me, we wouldn't be here. Nothing would have happened to her."
"But then she wouldn't have been brought to us. We wouldn't have been able to help her. She would have probably ended up somewhere dead. And all four of our kids wouldn't have a mom."
"WHY US. DEREK IT IS ALWAYS US. Everything bad happens. I'm ok with it happening to me but not my kids. SHE COULD DIE."
"Mer you need to calm down. She needs us right now. This is not your fault. Dr. Nelson will do his absolute best to help her. If we need to, I will fly in some of the best surgeons. She won't leave us."

"Ok. Ok yeah. Where is she?"
"She is in her room. C'mon. I will take you to her."

Mer spent the night with Laur while Derek had to go back to his moms to grab some things.
"Mom?"
"Hi baby."
"What happened?"
"You passed out. Why don't we wait for your dad to get back to explain everything ok?"
"Ok. Mom?"
"Yea?"
"It's a tumor, isn't it?"
"How did you know?"
"I had some weird dream. Some people named George and someone else I think it was Lexie talked to me."
"What?! Or, what did they say baby?" She was shocked. She rubbed a strand of hair out of Lauren's face.
"They said something about how I will be fine. And that I shouldn't be scared. And how they are looking out for me. Do you know them?"
"Yeah. George was a really good friend of mine. He was so sweet. He died saving someone. You two would have gotten along. And Lexie was my sister. She died in a plane accident. She was your aunt. She was so caring. And funny. I wish you could have met them."

"Awe. Mom.....will I die?"
"No. No, baby. I've got you."
"Can you hold me?"
"Of course baby."

To be continued.....
I promise she will not die. This story actually will get so much better. I'm thinking about writing some more chapters. Then this book might be over. I will right a sequel to it though! Muah.