Bonus Chapter 2

Sweat dripped down my my back as my body temperature rose drastically.

"You okay?" Logan asked, palming my cheek with his hand.

"Yeah I'm good" I assured him as I attempted to carry the heavy box up the stairs.

At the ages of twenty six and twenty seven, we had finally gotten enough money to buy our dream apartment.

It was a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment, which cost us a fortune, but it was worth it.

Logan and I refused to take money off of Dan and Harry, deciding that we would feel more accomplished if the apartment was bought with money we had made ourselves through our own hard work.

When we finished college, we stayed in Logan's childhood home for a year, deciding to save for a place we loved rather than a place we could just simply 'afford'.

We both had well paying jobs, me being an English teacher and Logan being a member of a successful band, while co-owning a coffee shop at the same time.

We had worked so hard to get where we were. I stayed in college studying for six years to become a teacher. Logan dropped psychology after a year, and started studying business instead.

Our apartment was located close to the school I work at and Logan's coffee shop, it was ideal and the large windows with a stunning view over the city was an added bonus.

Moving from a small town to a large city was a big change, but it ended up being worth it as Logan and I discovered how much we loved the atmosphere of the bustling city that never seemed to sleep.

We had a loft apartment on the top floor of an old building, and although the building was old, the inside was modern and renovated.

All of the walls were made of solid brick, white painted over them, with a slight hint of the red brick still showing through, giving it both texture and character.

The floor was hardwood and steady, not a creak was heard as we walked around.

The place didn't come furnished, but that was okay because we preferred decorating ourselves anyway.

We had loud music playing in the background as we moved furniture around, hung posters and photos up on every inch of the walls, placing Logan's colourful mats and floor cushions around the place randomly, and pushing his old worn out sofa against one of the walls.

The place was big enough for his guitars and drum kit. I giggled as he clapped like a child when he was finished setting up his drum kit.

There were a set of industrial stairs leading up to the landing which had our shared bed, surrounded with lights and fake hanging plants.

There were two doors in front of the bed, leading to our wardrobe, and one of the two bathrooms.

The second bathroom was downstairs, located on the same wall as the fridge, oven and counter. A second door next to it, lead to a very small spare bedroom, but it was big enough for two people to share.

In front of the oven was a large island with a marble countertop, identical to the other one.

There were three swivelling stools in front of the island, which Logan seemed to find very entertaining.

We decided there wasn't a need for a dining table, it wasn't like we would be hosting any dinner parties.

We bought a second couch, and placed it directly in front of Logan's one, with enough space for a coffee table to go in between them.