10

The past month has been amazing. Logan has been amazing. He is so good to me.

He's good in bed too.

I returned to school the Monday after our steamy weekend and everything was the same except now I had a smoking hot boyfriend who made it so much better.

I'm making it sound like I need a man in my life to make me happy, he does make me happy, but I don't need him.

I want him though.

We have seen each other every day without fail since the incident, considering I live with him now.

I got my stitches removed and my wrists are nearly fully healed. The scars are nasty but I guess it's either that or death.

I used to want the latter, but now I see something to live for.

Someone to live for.

I feel so happy when I am with him. He makes me feel wanted in a way I have never been wanted before.

I wake up to Logan shaking me awake. Groaning I open my eyes to see him with a worried expression.

"What's up?" I ask.

"My parents are here" he replies looking at me cautiously, calculating my reaction.

I haven't met his parents yet. He told me they usually come around once a month, but they have been caught up in work recently so they couldn't come home.

They co-own a law firm out of state but for some reason they sent Logan to live here and go to school.

He has told me that they aren't the most affectionate people, and he doesn't harbour much affection for them either.

"Shit" I mutter and stand up.

"You go for a shower and change while I go try and find a way to tell them" he says. My eyes widen.

"You haven't told them?" I ask folding my arms. He scratches the back of his neck.

"I forgot because of how busy we've been" he says and I roll my eyes.

"Okay" I say disappointedly and make my way towards the bathroom.

When I get into the shower I sigh.

Did he purposely not tell his parents about me? He said they would be okay with it. Was he embarrassed about me?

I shake the thoughts, I'm just overreacting, I tend to overthink.

A lot.

I change into a pair of baggy jeans, a plain white T-shirt and a flannel. I blow dry my hair and apply a small bit of concealer under my eyes and some mascara.

I take my time so I'm sure Logan has told them by now. As I walk up the stairs of the room I start to feel very anxious.

When I enter the hallway Logan is waiting for me. His eyes scan my body making me blush.

"Did you tell them?" I ask.

"Yes. I need you to know, my parents aren't nice people, you need to take everything they say with a pinch of salt" he warns me in a quiet voice.

I nod and he grabs my hand, interlacing our fingers as we enter the living room.

When I walk in I see two middle aged men sitting down on one of the plush gray couches.

"Alex, these are my parents, Dan and Harry" he says pointing them out.

"Nice to meet you" I say politely and shake both of their hands.