26

Logan's POV

When everything goes wrong and it stays like that for so long, sometimes you force yourself to feel nothing so it doesn't hurt as much. And when you feel nothing for so long and someone comes along and changes that, you can get scared.

"Shut the fuck up" she laughed slightly in retaliation to my teasing.

It's been a few days since dinner with Milo and Chase and we have already noticed a difference in her mood.

Sometimes small fuck ups are necessary when it comes to getting better.

Sometimes you need to reach your lowest to know that the only way forward is up.

I guess I know that now.

"What? I'm right" I laugh back. And it's a genuine laugh. It's not forced.

It's a lot easier showing my true feelings when I'm alone with her.

I trust her so much it scares me sometimes, but I know that I need to keep moving forward to win her trust back.

To win her back.

The decision I made that day at school was the worst decision I have ever made in my life.

Had she not given me this last chance I think the rest of my life would be spent in misery.

Without her.

"Its not true you fucking asshole" she shouted at me but the smile on her face and the breathy laugh at the end of her sentence let me know she was anything but pissed off.

"What is going on here you weirdos?" I hear Chase's voice from the top of the staircase as he and Milo descend together.

Just casual flirting, you know? the usual.

Alex goes red in the face and eyes me warily, thinking about the conversation we were having before they arrived.

I smirk at her, giving her the impression that I might tell them.

She panics a little and gives my thigh a 'hard' squeeze, when in fact it only felt like a mild pressure on my leg.

I look back at her and give her a 'I dare you to do that again' kind of look and her defiant gaze meets mine.

She smirks a little and gives my thigh another squeeze, only this time her hand was placed higher up, and she wasn't intending to hurt me.

I know exactly what her intentions are.

I make sure to let her know that she will face the consequences of her actions when we get back with my eyes.

"Are you sure you're up for this Alex?" Chase questions when we all get into the car and begin our journey.

"I have to go back at some point I guess" she says and looks out of the window to distract herself.

Chase is driving the car with milo in the passenger seat. They have been getting a lot closer over the weeks and it didn't take me long to realise Milo isn't just a close friend to Chase.

The crude noises coming from his bedroom one night Alex and I stayed there probably made me realise quicker.

Alex is next to the window and I'm sitting in the middle seat with a clear view of the road ahead of us and the closeness of her comforting me.

When we arrive I notice some hesitation in Alex's part, and I myself, begin to panic a little on her behalf.

I watch as she reluctantly steps out of the car, me following her closely to gauge her reactions.