16

Sometimes I want drink so much alcohol that my throat stops burning and goes numb and the world around me stops moving and nothing can cloud my thoughts. Just so I can avoid thinking about one thing.

We arrived at a large house at the outskirts of town ten minutes after we got into the car.

The house was in a suburban area of town with large gardens and white picket fences. The gardens were green and the flowers were blooming.

The booming sound of music could be heard from the inner part of town and the colourful lights lit up the windows.

When we got out of the car I noticed a multitude of high schoolers, most from my school and some I had never seen before, littering the garden.

We pushed our way through the front door and were met with swarms of horny, drunk and stoned teenagers making a mess of the magnificent house.

They lined the hallway, making out against the walls or talking in small groups amongst each other.

People were crowding the stairs from the ground all the way up to the first floor.

Chase and I pushed our way through to the kitchen with one thing in mind.

Drink.

The kitchen was less crowded and the music was a bit quieter. I needed something to loosen myself up. I had already gotten a few odd stares considering I never do this sort of thing.

Tonight I want to lose myself. Do something stupid without thinking about it and regret it in the morning.

"What do you want babes?" Chase asked as he led me over to the kitchen island that held an assortment of alcoholic beverages.

"Your strongest shit handsome" I placed both of my arms on either side of me on the island and locked my elbows while leaning in giving Chase a wink.

He laughed and shook his head as he mixed a bunch of drinks together.

"Here you go m'lady" he gave me a slight bow and handed me a red plastic cup filled to the brim with blue liquid.

"Do I even want to know what's in here?" I questioned while looking at Chase who had began making a drink of his own.

"Do you even care?" He asked giving me a quick glance.

"Nope" I said, popping the 'p' as I tossed back half of the cups contents.

The liquid slid down my throat and left it feeling like someone had stuck a wad of sandpaper in my mouth and made me eat it.

The burning sensation quickly went away and the fruity taste of the alcohol slightly insured me that I hadn't just drank bleach.

I wouldn't mind.

"Holy fuck dude" I said while staring at the liquid poison that remained in my cup.

"It's my specialty darling" Chase said while sipping on his. I guess it's not something you should drink a lot of at once.

But I don't give a fuck.

I tossed back the rest of the cups contents squeezing my eyes shut momentarily as the burning sensation washed back over me and then began making a drink of my own.