18

There is a difference in being alone and feeling lonely. One can be amazing, the other can be heartbreaking.

Chase didn't come back until very late that night, or early in the morning shall I say.

He was pissed drunk. Absolutely polluted. He climbed into bed next to me and my nostrils filled with the smell of alcohol.

I wanted to get up and take the couch in his room but he cuddled into me almost immediately and I kept telling myself that he probably needed it.

But for fucks sake, my nostrils were almost burning.

It took me a long time to fall asleep. My mind kept wandering to a certain someone. What could he possibly want to talk about that would make any of this better?

I tossed and turned so much that Chase stirred in his sleep. He sleeps like the dead.

I wish I could relate.

I got only around two hours of broken sleep. Waking up every hour or so until it was twelve in the morning.

"Want to go out today?" Chase asks me as I get some clothes from my bag.

"Sure. Where to?" I ask while walking to the bathroom.

"Breakfast at the cafe and then the skatepark?" He seems to be texting someone on his phone, only half engaging with me.

"I'm down. You got the stuff?" He doesn't hear me the first time so I walk up to him and lightly smack him upside the head.

"What the fuck" he growls.

"I asked you a question dude" I huff.

"Yeah I have a few" he says handing me a few cigarettes while getting back to his texting.

I shrug it off and walk into the bathroom. I take a shower. Washing my hair thoroughly with almond shampoo and conditioner.

After my shower I lather my body in apricot and honey body lotion and use some bio oil on my scars and stretch marks.

I then start getting dressed into an oversized dark jumper with a white polo underneath it, a pair of baggy denim jeans and a pair of worn out white air forces.

I towel dry my hair and rake my fingers through it. It's getting very long, so long that's it's passing my waist.

I apply some concealer under my eyes, but only a thin layer so my freckles are still visible. I put some peachy blusher on and swipe some mascara through my eyelashes. I finish the look off with a small bit of brown lip liner to make my lips appear more rounded and apply some clear lip gloss.

When I walk out of the bathroom Chase is ready but is still engrossed by something on his phone.

He is wearing a navy half button up shirt which would expose his chest if he didn't have a white turtle neck on underneath. His slacks are a tan colour and he has a pair of plain white slide-ons and checkered socks on.