1

Usually when you get a bad vibe off of someone you'd stay away wouldn't you? You would think a seventeen year old would be smart enough to know that, but apparently not.

It's the first day of my last year at school and I already have detention.

If I had half decent parents they would probably give a shit but my mom fucked off years ago and my dad spends most of his time away for work.

I'm currently sitting in a nearly empty classroom waiting for the teacher, while everyone else in this hell of a school leaves.

Not that I care, there is nothing good waiting for me at home. And getting in trouble is exciting sometimes, the adrenaline rush I get is always worth it in the end, even if most of my teachers despise me.

The teacher walks into the room and looks at me disappointedly. Used to seeing me here I guess. There's one other person in the room. He's always here too. He's become quite a good friend of mine considering we spend almost everyday after school together. His name is Chase and he's a bit of a shithead but he's my shithead.

He's sitting in the middle of the second row. I sit at the back against the wall at the right side of the room. Chase likes to taunt the teachers whereas I usually just sleep. I'm currently leaning back on my seat with my legs crossed on the table looking at my nails.

Chase is having a one sided staring competition with the teacher while chewing annoyingly loud on a piece of gum. The teacher looks up at him and grimaces every so often, he's visibly uncomfortable which Chase seems to find amusing.

Chase and I are usually the only ones here and considering it was only the first day of school we didn't think anyone would be joining us.

Today though, a boy I've never seen before walks in and sits down two seats across from me at the back row.

He subtly rakes my body up and down with his eyes while I too, stare at him.

He's wearing a pair of black baggy jeans with doodles drawn in with tippex. Pairing it with a band tee and  an oversized gray zip up that he is practically swimming in.

He has broad shoulders but a skinny build. On top of his head is a floppy mess of brown curls that cover most of his forehead and stop at his eyebrows.

I start to take in his facial features. He has a sharp jawline that looks like it could cut you. His face is smooth and missing facial hair. His nose is large but it fits his face well and he has milky pale skin. He looks like a sick Victorian boy. His lips are plump and pink.

His eyes catch the light and a few gold flecks become visible. There is a hint of green around his iris's. I become mesmerised by the way the colors all melt together but also seem so pronounced.

He stares back at me like he's trying to figure me out and I quickly break eye contact. I look at Chase who is now facing me instead of the teacher with an amused look on his face. I glare back at him because I know he caught me staring.

He pulls out his phone and starts to type quickly and my phone buzzes.

Shithead: never seen an eye-fuck session so intense before ;)

Me: shut up.

Shithead: he's still looking at you

Me: no he's not, and if he was i wouldn't care

Shithead: Uh huh, sure ;)

Me: Shithead.

I look up to see that the boy is indeed, still looking at me. It makes me feel a bit weird inside, I just don't know in what way.