- All the small things -

"How long did it take Draco?" you asked all of a sudden when we sat in the library. I looked at you smiling just because you knew me like no one else did. I didn't even have to say something to you and you read my mind if I'd like it or not.  

"About 5 seconds I guess" I mumbled. You raised one eyebrow smirking and touched my arm softly but in acted sympathy.

"Scared little Slytherin Prince?" you said joking. 

"Don't call me that, Lucifer" I said in the same tone as you. You gasped and acted like it was the most hurtful thing to say to you. 

"Don't you dare call me that!" you hissed at me with a crooked smile. 

You made me forget that I was counting the seconds between thunder and lightning. Made me forget about what I was afraid of. You knew that I love my peace of mind dearly and that thunder is disturbing me. For me, thunder is everything I don't want to be but I am. Loud, gruff, menacing, savage and disliked by most people. 

But Heaven, you knew all of this and how thunder made me feel, of what it reminds me and every time a storm arrived you said the same thing to me. It was like a blessing having you around when heaven strikes. Since you're not around anymore thunder feels like I am one with the silence afterwards.

"Oh come on Draco. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about dancing in the rain. Stop counting, stop thinking and start living." you always whispered and punched me a little. 

I couldn't resist smiling. It's just .. You and your wise words my love. They haunt me every night since you've been gone.

---

"Are you serious? You really said that to me? You really said I don't know you at all Draco? Let me tell you something Draco.." You nearly screamed at me.

"Heaven I didn't mean it that way" I mumbled as I realized what mistake I've made. How could I say this to the one person who really understands who I'd like to be. Times were hard the last few months as I had to repair the cabinet in Hogwarts I didn't mean it like that. I was just tired and wanted to be alone but I know you'd never leave me alone no matter what. So I probably said things I shouldn't have said, my love.

"No let me tell you something Draco!" you got louder with every word you said. "Let me tell you something about me not knowing you. First I am probably the only one in this whole world who loves you for who you are, not for who you're pretending to be! I'm the only one who knows that you love the  deepest of nights because silence is what you need the most. I know that you love reading and playing the piano when you need to sort your thoughts in your head. I know that you've got the most addicting laughter ever but you just show it to me, so we spend hours laughing just because your laughter is the purest form of happiness someone can experience. I know that you love being in your garden at home caring for your plants so you can use them for your potions. I know that you're scared of magical creatures and animals. I also know that you and your mother always drink some tea in Malfoy Manor and talk about how your life will look like. It makes you happy because she never mentions the dark magic that accompanies you since you're born a Malfoy. It makes you believe in a life after this war. In a life where you can be yourself without others manipulating you" 

You left me speechless so you kept going on 'til I had to say something to you. 

"I know damn well you smelled my cologne in your Amortentia potion last week. How could you be this fucking arrogant to me then? I know you Draco. So behave like it and don't come at me with that attitude you give the others. I can't stand it. I am not the others. I am me Draco. It's me. Talk to me when you're upset. Talk to me when you're happy. Talk to me." you then almost whispered. 

"So you said you love me?" I said staring into your eyes. They searched for some help to get out of this situation so I smiled. You never said it to me before my love. The argument we had suddenly seemed to be so minor not even a mouse could see it. 

"Is this all you noticed while I was talking for 3 minutes?" you smirked.

I came closer to you and stroke your face gently. I kissed you like I've never done before because the passion inside of me made me forget what times we lived in. It made me forget who I am and what I am supposed to do. I loved this feeling and when I think of it, I wanted to feel it forever. But the feeling faded as soon as I saw you lying on the wet ground. Bleeding all over your body with nothing but love for me in your eyes. This pleasant feeling faded and an emptiness entered my body I wasn't able to get rid of yet. 

"I love you Heaven. You know I do but you shall never forget it" I said to you back then. The smile on your face told me that I was able to make someone happy just with something I am feeling. I am important in this world. Like everybody is who's happy to love, I was important.

--present-

"You remember this night right?" I ask you while your head rests on my shoulder. We're dancing once again, hoping to get a loving answer from you. You look the same, you sound the same but you're somebody else. When you're speaking it's like somebody else wrote your words down your lips.

"In love the paradox occurs that two people become one and yet remain two." you say smiling.

Art by Lalelouuie <3