- The game of questions -

- past / Three Broomsticks -

The confidence that overcame me yesterday vanished as soon as I entered the Three Broomsticks Inn. I looked around and you weren't there yet. I didn't blame you because I was way too early. I was walking up and down my dorm, looking for something to wear and I had like three meltdowns before leaving my room, thinking about if I should really do this. There was a high risk to lose you forever if I screw up on our first date. The friendship we had would be destroyed then. But at last, I decided to go and give it a try and that is why I was early. I wanted to calm down before you arrived at the Broomsticks.

I ordered myself a firewhisky for my nerves. I needed alcohol so Butterbeer wouldn't be enough even though it's always tasty. I let the waitress know she should bring you a hot Butterbeer as soon as you enter the Broomsticks so you don't have to wait. She smiled because she already knew me and was used to me bringing girls to the Brooms. All of a sudden I was insecure. I thought to myself, why the hell do I bring this one, I mean THE ONE to the pub where I dated all the girls I was with? Why didn't I come up with something more special? Nervously I smoothed my hand over my white shirt and fixed my tie before I sat down on one of the wooden chairs. 

My fingers went up and down on the table, drumming a quiet song. I thought about how I should do this to make it special for you. I needed to make it special. I was so afraid that you might hear things from Astoria or some other girl on how I was in the Brooms to them and then you might realize that I was just like everyone else, trying to get to you and your body. But I wasn't. I really wasn't. All I wanted in life was your thoughts, your love and you being close to me. For the first time, I went on a date without thinking about going further afterward. I never thought of the idea of sleeping with you right away. Of course, there were these thoughts when I glanced at your lips, your eyes and your perfectly shaped body but I didn't dare to think about messing things up with you on our first date.

When the door to the Broomsticks opened, a heart attack approached me. You were standing there, looking around, searching for me. You were so beautiful this evening I couldn't do anything else than stare at you with my mouth wide open. Once again I didn't realize how I made a fool out of myself when I stood up as you came towards me. I wanted to be as normal as possible to you but at the same time special. It was kinda hard to match my expectations. You smiled bright and sat down next to me as I offered you your chair. I couldn't help myself but stare at your outstanding green eyes like they were shining as if the deepest jungle reached out for me to devour me. Your golden hair was tucked back on one side as I've never seen it before. I had to stare and smile at you because I thought how you might feel the same as I did. You wanted to look special to me. If you only knew you always were special to me. I never cared about the way your hair or your clothes looked like. 

"Special one huh?" the waitress brought the demanded Butterbeer for you and interrupted the silence that spread among us as we were just looking at each other.

"Sorry what?" I asked a bit confused as I had to concentrate on her instead of you.

"This lady right here. It looks like you just acted like a fool in love when she came in. Must be a special one this time Mr. Malfoy. I have to admit your taste in ladies gets better every time I see you" She said and winked at me. She went away and left me speechless because it was so embarrassing for me to know you heard all of this. I took a quick glance at you and was relieved when you still smiled at me with all your face.

"So.. with how many girls were you here already?" you laughed in a provocative way.

"So this was all you heard? Didn't you hear about the part where she said you're the most beautiful girl I've been here with? I personally think this was the most important part" my eyes flashed a little bit evil to tell you that I could stand all of your statements. You raised one eyebrow in interest. "Oh come on Heaven. You know about every single one of them, don't act as if I never told you. I'm sorry I brought you here but I promise it isn't like it was with the others!" I tried to explain myself when I saw your worried face.

"I'm just kidding Draco, don't pee yourself please." you burst out laughing about how I probably looked all nervous. I rolled my eyes and took your hand without thinking about it. Silence spread once more as our fingers met and the part where my hand melted into one with yours, started to get tingly on my skin. The silence turned into some awkwardness when I didn't know what to say to you. There were a lot of those situations with girls but none of them left me speechless.

"So.. ask me anything Draco" you suddenly said if you knew exactly how I struggled.

"What should I ask about you? I know everything about you already" I started laughing. I blushed because I realized how dumb it was for me to think about how this is going to be like the other dates. With you Heaven it could never be.

"Yes probably. So I think you have to get to know me even more. Surprise me with questions that never came to your mind before and I will do the same." you smiled crookedly. My thoughts were racing I knew you wanted to release the tension but you created chaos inside of me once again.

"So.. how do you stay so thin when I see you eating like a boggart turning into Goyle?" I kinda stuttered as I really thought about it every now and then. You started laughing.

"Okay so I didn't expect anything like this but okay. I guess it's because I run in circles every now and then to cope with you being dramatic Malfoy. That's how I lose weight. I think I have to thank you for my astounding body" you winked at me and laughed. I had to shake my head and smile because I thought about how ridiculous this was. "Now it's my turn." you said with a lot of interest in your eyes. What could you possibly want to know about me that you didn't know already?

"Do you always do this thing with your lips when you kiss someone?" 

"Wait what do you mean?" I stared at you being full of fear. I always thought I am a good kisser.

"I mean the thing you know.. when you can't kiss anymore because your lips are forming a smile." your eyes flashed and all of a sudden I was relieved.

"God damn you scared the hell out of me Heaven." I sighed. "No, I do not. I am a good kisser if you believe it or not, this never happened to me before."

"So I guess you have to convince me of that Draco. You.. being a good kisser" your words made my heart sink into the ground. I let go of your hand and slipped a little from side to side on my chair. I thought about kissing you but I didn't have the guts to do it in front of all these people. I was the lucky one because you never were the one who hesitated. You approached me and took my face into your hands. Our lips collided and once more the feeling of snitches inside my stomach overcame me. It felt like the day I caught my first one and the day I first saw you all in one. I layed my hand on your neck, one finger stroking your soft skin, moving its way to your cheek. It was like I was on cloud 9 as we just couldn't stop kissing. Our lips melted into one and never in my life, I was kissed so damn perfectly.

"Here ya go" the waitress interrupted our gentle kisses and brought me another firewhiskey. Once again she smiled and winked at me like she was my wingman. We stopped and let go of each other, then silence once again spread.

"So it's your turn Draco" you whispered and waiting for me to come up with something extraordinary.

- author's note - 

Okay I know I said this is going to be two chapters of them being like this but surprise! The date will continue on the next chapter as this one might get too long otherwise! Enjoy!