- Some may change, some never will -

Same trigger warning as the last one! For the occasion, this chapter is a bit poetic (but not loving). Happy Valentine's Day everybody! You are loved very dearly!! Spread love and not hate (especially not after reading this chapter lmao)

- past/ Three days before the party -

I went up and down my room, sweating because of how much my heart ached. I couldn't let you go without an explanation but I was too afraid, you won't believe me. Or worse, you don't even want to hear the truth. My pulse raised and the blood inside of me boiled as it was about to burn me alive. Questions without an answer were running around my mind, trying to find out who's the winner.

Nervously, I ran my fingers through my hair and stopped in the middle of my dorm. I looked at the door and hoped it would open any second. But it didn't. I was always used to letting go. I was always used to being left alone. But this time hit differently. I put my hand over my face, trying to think about what to do next. 

"Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create." your voice said in my head and as soon as it finished the sentence, I nearly ran out of my dorm in the direction of yours. I knocked a thousand times but you didn't answer. As someone passed me, I remembered how I looked. My eyes were swollen due to the tears of you leaving me. My hands were shaking and my body was bend because I didn't have the strength to stand straight anymore. 

With my hands on the wall, I stumbled through the corridor, searching for you. When I walked down the stairs, I finally saw you Heaven. When I did, I had to flinch as if a mandrake began to scream with all of his tiny body. I had to flinch because seeing you cry made it even worse for me. It's just because.. the hardest part about seeing someone you love in pain .. is not being able to do anything about it, except for trying not to make it worse. I nearly crawled down the stairs slowly and thought about how I can explain it to you without making it worse.

"Stop Draco. You've done enough for now, don't you think?" Pansy's voice was heard as she stood up and came towards me. You, who laid down on Pansy's lap bawling your eyes out, looked at me full of pain but full of desire at the same time. 

"Please Pansy, let me talk to her. She can't leave me. She can't. Please" I stuttered and probably looked way worse than I thought because Pansy had to swallow as soon as she stood in front of me and saw me in the nearest light. I talked with Pansy for a minute until I heard the door to the common room open. The twins approached us at fast speed and as one of them ran straight towards me, I couldn't react in time. The Weasley hit me with full power right in the face so I fell down on the cold grey Slytherin floor. It's ironic I thought.. Me sitting in the dirt where my heart is trying to sweep away itself piece by piece. The floor was just the place I belonged to at this moment.

"Come near her once again Malfoy and you can bet that you will be the next to test our pranks! But it won't be the nice ones" Fred hissed like he's a Slytherin himself.

You, my love, were so scared about me being hurt by Fred that you came near me. When you bend down to me and asked if I was okay, the sweet smell of the forget-me-not flower found its way to my nose and let me sigh a little. You didn't come near me this way for days and I couldn't imagine living a day without you. So I had to explain everything to you because the game of love we played shouldn't be over soon. There were a lot of moves I still had to make before losing.

I heard the twins begging you to leave with them but you stayed right by my side. The heartbreak I had to experience a few minutes ago, left me incapable to stand up as my legs were shaking too bad. So you sat down on the floor, right next to me in the dirt where forget-me-not flowers aren't supposed to grow.