Part 19 - Your date with Cap

You woke up in the morning not to your alarm... but to the sound of a cucco?

Cockadoodledoo! Cockadoodledoo!

The sound wouldn't stop. You groggily looked around for the cause of the noise as you realized it was coming from your phone. Why was the ringtone set to a cucco? Usually it was the soothing sound of a harp. You grabbed your phone and looked at it. The label of the alarm read...

'Time for our date! You would EGRET missing it ;) 🐤🦆🐣' You sigh.

"Of course he'd be the one up to this." You shut off the alarm and manage to pull yourself out of bed. You take a very quick shower and put on some casual clothes. As you head downstairs you see Cap waiting in the kitchen eating breakfast.

"Hey Y/N, how'd you sleep?" Cap asked.

"Pretty good until I woke up to the sound of a cucco." You said, raising your eyebrow.

"Yeah... we get a lot of 'em around here, don't we?" He said with a sly smirk.

"You know what I meant." You replied while wiggling your phone in front of you.

"Oh come on, don't be like that. You know I'm known for my egg-sellent pranks." Cap grinned.

"It's too early for this." You smile and rub your eyes. There was no one downstairs except the two of you. The sun had barely poked its head out from the horizon.

"Want a bagel? I can make you one."  He took a bite out of his own bagel.

         "You make it sound like making a bagel is an extreme accomplishment. You just put it in the toaster." You chuckle. "I'm surprised, no eggs today?"

          "Not eggs. But I'll have you know that this is a poppy seed bagel, with extra seeds."

           "Of course it is." You laugh. "Where are we going for our date?" You ask, curious. Cap smiles eagerly.

           "It's a surprise!" He says in a singing voice.

            "That's what everyone has said so far."

            "Ok I'll give you a hint." You raise an eyebrow. "They were highly valued during the 18th century."

    "I can't seem to think of anything that relates to birds." You retort sarcastically.

            "My personality isn't solely based on birds, y'know. I like other things too." He paused a little bit annoyed. "Ducks are pretty cute, eggs are great in the morning, I've always been fascinated with the way birds migrate and-" Cap halted. "Oh no... you're right! I'm one big stereotype." He stated dramatically.

            "It's okay, everyone here is." You sigh. Cap cocked his head and shrugged.

            "Anyway... our date actually doesn't have anything to do with birds."

            "Wow, I'm impressed." You say a bit surprised. Cap rolled his eyes playfully.

            "C'mon, we better go." You nodded, and followed him out the front door, then into the limo. You drove past the main city, to an area where the buildings were a bit older, and were surrounded by woods. The limo stopped in front of a large gravel clearing. There was a rectangular gazebo-like building made out of wood. It was as old as the other buildings, and had no walls. Only a roof. You stepped out of the limo, and saw some people whispering and pointing at you.

            "Wow rich people." You ignore them.

            "What exactly is this place?" You ask Cap. He shushes you.