Part 41 - Bonus date with Majora

When it was time for your date the next day, you and Majora got into the limo and headed off. A little while later you parked in front of a decently sized building with a sign above it that read, The Cucco Shack. You turned to Majora raising an eyebrow.

"Figures you'd take me to a place like this."

"What? I wanted wings." He said, shrugging. "Plus this place has an arcade. I can impress you with my mad gaming skills."

"I wouldn't call gaming skills impressive..." You laugh.

"They will be when you see them first hand." He replied matter of factly.

You both left the limo and walked inside the shack. Inside you were greeted with the appetizing smell of fried chicken and spices, causing your mouth to water. There were people everywhere shouting and laughing while playing old arcade games. They had all the classics. Donkey Kohga, Bombchu Blowout, even Shad-Man! You smiled slightly, and Majora noticed.

"So is 'a place like this' up to your standards?" He asks, mocking you from earlier.

"I don't know, we'll just have to see." You teased back. "It depends on how good those wings are."

"Oh trust me-" Majora was cut off by someone else before he could finish.

"Hello, and welcome to The Cucco Shack! I'm Kafei and I'll be your waiter for today! Please follow me!" You and Majora both followed her to a small table for two in the center of the room and sat down. "What would you guys like to drink?"

"Fanta." Majora said. Kafei turned to you,

"And you, Miss?"

"I guess I'll have a (F/D)." Kafei nodded, "I'll be right back with your drinks!"

"So, what do you usually get here?" You ask him, making conversation.

"Wings. Duh."

You rolled your eyes, "Yeah but what kind?"

"Oh, I get the mega spicy ones." Majora smirked.

"Really? You don't strike me as a person who can take heat well."

"Is that what you think?" He paused. "I have an idea. You and I should have a spicy

wing contest!" He grinned. "We each get a basket of the hottest wings here and see who can finish them first without drinking anything." Majora says.

"What are the stakes?" You question.

"Winner gets bragging rights." Majora declares before deadpanning, "I'm a cheapskate."

You laugh before declaring, "You're on!" Conveniently, Kafei comes back to take your orders.
"Have you guys decided on what to eat?" She asks, cheerfully.
"We'll take two baskets of your hottest wings, with two bottles of Lon Lon milk." Majora shouts.

"They're not for the faint hearted! Are you sure you can handle 'em?" Kafei asks.

"Positive." Majora responds.

"Okay, coming right up!" Kafei beams, and then walks away.

"After we eat, I think we should hit the arcade." Majora says, pointing to the array of old-timey video games displayed adjacent to the dining area. You nodded in agreement. "That is, if you're not still gulping down the milk."

"I won't be." You squint your eyes. Majora smirked, then started,

"So... we have a little while before our food gets here, tell me about yourself."

"What do you want to know?" You say, raising your eyebrows.

"I don't know." He leans back and thinks for a second. "Why'd you audition for the bachelorette?"

"Actually, I'm curious to know your answer to that question as well." You lean forward in your seat.

"Hmm, afraid I can't answer. I like to seem mysterious and dark."

"I think you just come off as roguish." You joke, causing Majora to chuckle,

"I guess you could say that..." Majora stopped to think, "I used to be a lot worse, but Pops always kept me under control."

"Oh? Someone was able to keep the mighty Majora under control? Do tell, who is this Pops?" Majora laughed dryly,

"He was my adoptive grandpa." Your eyes widened a bit.

"Adoptive?" You inquired.

"Mhm," Majora nodded, "I never met my parents, they passed away when I was a

baby."

"I'm sorry to hear that." You said, saddened. Majora shrugged, "Don't be, it was a long time ago. Plus, Pops helped me a lot in my childhood." Majora said, laughing a little, seemingly recalling old memories.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I was an only child, and I got picked on for being adopted, so I rebelled by

pulling pranks or making jokes. Pops was the one that finally took me in." Majora scoffed with a laugh. "I guess I never really changed, huh?"

"Well, I'm glad." You grinned, making Majora look up at you. You continued, "I like your jokes, and I had a lot of fun pulling that prank at the ball. It's just who you are." Majora seemed a bit surprised by your sincerity, and his cheeks turned the slightest shade of red. He quickly raised his hand and ran it through his hair, trying to cover his face.

"Of course you would." He said, clearing his throat. "My charming personality always has that effect."

You paused for an instant and pulled your voice into a more dramatic tone. "Yes, It pains me to admit this, but I did think you were veeeery mysterious when we first met." You nodded, trying to bring back the playful mood.

"Really?" Majora asks and you nod. "Yessss." Majora hissed to himself, celebrating this victory. "I knew it would pay off."

"Order up!" Kafei said cheerfully as she placed two hot wing baskets on the table.

"Thank you." He said.

"No problem! Let me know if you need anything else!" She stated, before walking off.

"So what do you say we start this competition then, loser?" You taunted. Majora blinked, then laughed. But it was unlike any laugh you've heard from him. It wasn't smug or condescending, it was a real, carefree laugh. You blushed slightly, and grinned.

"Somebody's blushing." He pointed and said in a sing-song tone, causing you to get more flustered.

"Psh. As if! It's just... the spice from the wings is making my nose burn?" You said, trying to play it off, but it came out as more of a question.

"Mhm." Majora smirked, and his eyes softened.

"I spared making fun of you and this is what I get in return? Whatever." You scoffed, "We start on the count of three."

"Three, two, one, go!"

———Is a jalapeño too spicy for you?———

No - Continue to Chapter 43

Yes - Continue to Chapter 44

—————————————————————