𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍 𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 all the colours of the rainbow as the rays of the setting sun fell upon the gentle moving water. The cries of the seagulls echoed throughout the salty air, occasionally accompanied with the laughter of merpeople who jumped through the water's surface with the grace of dolphins. Their fins were translucent against the golden sky and their pale skin glistened like starlight as the water droplets glided off their scales.

On the top of the cliff at the edge of the ocean stood a white-stoned castle, its vibrant colour almost functioning like a beacon and calling out to every magical and mythical creature in the area.

It had taken the new King of Narnia five years, but at last, Cair Paravel stood tall and proud as if it had never been destroyed during the Telmarine Conquest.

The rebuilding of the citadel called for a celebration and at the eve of this year's summer's solstice, the main road to the magnificent castle was packed with noble families from Archenland, Calormen, and Narnia alike.

Darkan Evander, however, did not travel over the main road. The silver golden grains of sand muted the clickety-clack of his dappled grey stallion and Sunfire snorted when the cool water engulfed around its legs.

Darkan swiftly put the reins in his left hand and used his other to pat Sunfire's muscular neck. 'Easy, boy,' he said, all while not taking his blue eyes off the castle that grew in size with every step.

Cair Paravel's many towers seemed to reach for the clouds and Darkan smiled when he noticed one of the towers pointed right at the first appearing star in the sky. He hardly thought that was a coincidence.

Ever since he had heard about King Caspian's plan to rebuild Cair Paravel, Darkan had been determined to see it with his own eyes some day, and the adrenaline rushed through his veins by the sight right in front of him.

The temperature dropped a few degrees when Darkan and Sunfire stepped into the castle's shadow looming over the beach, and the raven-haired Archenlander had to stretch his neck upwards to see the top of the citadel. Out of the corner of his eye, though, Darkan spotted a narrow path leading up the massive cliff. He swung his leg over the saddle and landed with a soft thud on the sand, his chainmail ringing like bells due to the movement and he quickly made sure the longsword was still safely strapped to Sunfire's back.

'You see that,' Darkan said to the horse, gesturing to the hidden path as well. 'That's our way in.'

Sunfire whinnied softly, his dark eyes almost giving Darkan a judgemental look.

Darkan shrugged and grabbed the reins once again, leading Sunfire by hand towards the path overgrown with apple trees. He pushed a pair of branches away and observed the path for a few heartbeats. The orchard seemed to be the wildest here at the foot of the beach, but farther up ahead it looked doable; even for his horse.