𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 and darkness behind the windows, made the abandoned Telmarine castle feel as unwelcoming as the frozen rocks of Cair Paravel. However, the company still shot over the drawbridge as if they could get caught into a crossfire any second.

Caspian and the Kings and Queens of Old hoped the power of the winter lady to create a local snowstorm wouldn't stretch this far, but they knew too little about her to be sure of anything.

They had rode all morning, day and most of the night to reach Caspian's former home, and though Darkan had had moments of consciousness, he had slipped into a feverish state when the night had fallen.

Sunfire trotted as smoothly as it could in order to not throw off its unconscious rider, but Mina and Noelle rode on their own horses at either side of him to make sure as well he didn't fall off.

Darkan's usually tanned skinned looked eerily grey and ghostly in the moonlight, and despite the freezing cold, beads of sweat trickled down his face.

The group stopped their horses at the foot of the stone stairs, and Mina looked on in concern when a tiny droplet of blood fell off Darkan's blood soaked clothing and it landed on the snow; the red and white standing in strong contrast with each other. They had bandaged his shoulder but the wound didn't appear as if it had stopped bleeding at all.

'He'll be alright,' Ella said to her when Phoenix and Caspian hasted their way over to Darkan and hauled him out of the saddle.

Ella desperately tried not to look at the second droplet of blood that fell in the snow with an inaudible splatter. Seeing the scarlet liquid caused her vision to blur and spin around, and instead her eyes shot between Mina and Oliver in a nervous manner.

The former Quidditch captain kept a close eye on his girlfriend since he knew how she reacted to blood, and he gave her a small nod and smile when their eyes crossed.

'It is just a shoulder wound,' Ella continued after she trusted her voice enough, but Mina ignored her. She didn't feel like agreeing or disagreeing.

'Bloody hell.' Phoenix grunted, not expecting Darkan to weigh that much, and he and Caspian struggled to balance Darkan's body between them by keeping his arms over their shoulders and their own free arms around his waist. Darkan's boots dragged limply through the snow as they walked slowly towards the stairs.

Mina dismounted and reached for her wand again once she stood firmly on the courtyard. She had attempted casting healing spells several times already, but her wand was still not cooperating. Maybe, she reasoned, if she concentrated even harder it would work this time.

With her wand tightly clutched in her hand, Mina followed the trio up the stairs, but Edmund jogged past them with two steps at once to open the massive doors.