𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

𝐀 𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 the Narnian landscape and grew ever thicker while the snowflakes whirled in an endless manner out of the grey sky.

An icy wind blew through Cair Paravel, the torches on the walls being unable to drive back the continuous cold streaming out of the destroyed throne room. The shards of glass sticking out of the snow covered floor were overlain with ice crystals and though the King forbade everyone from entering the arched hall for their own safety, the thought of entering the throne room ever again never even crossed the minds of the Lords and Ladies. As soon as the weather had allowed them, the nobles had packed their stuff and returned to their homeland.

Noelle, however, had put it off as long as she could, a part of her wanted to stay and help the King trying to figure out what was going on.

'Come along, Noelle,' her father spoke over his shoulder, his footsteps and voice muted by the tapestries decorating the hallway. 'We are leaving this cursed land far behind us.'

Noelle's eyes wandered over the displays hanging next to her, and she halted in her pace when she came across Aslan's resurrection. She could feel the lion's majesty even through the woven strings of the tapestry.

She pulled the blanket a bit tighter around her shoulders (the thin fabric of her dress was meant for summer's circumstances and not this unexpected start of winter) and she took a deep breath.

'I am not coming, I want to stay,' Noelle said, making the decision that felt right in her heart. She knew she was meant for more than her sheltered life back in Archenland.

Lord Orchraid froze for a moment but then spun around on his heels, his purple cloak whirling around his black boots. 'I think I must have misheard you. You want to stay?'

Noelle nodded as she didn't trust her voice, afraid it would shake. She had never gone against the wishes of her father before; usually she was quiet and reserved, like she was expected to be as a Lady, but if she had to do this for another nineteen years, she would go mad.

Seeing her best friend Darkan again after four years had sparked a fire in her that she didn't know had died out after his desertion. Noelle's life had been much more interesting and fun when he had been around, and she knew she would regret it the rest of her life if she didn't follow his example right now. He'd be the first in line to aid the Narnian King wherever he could, and so would she.

Lord Orchraid let out a short chuckle. 'That's funny. I almost believed you. Now, come, before the castle gets engulfed into another snow storm.'

'No, father,' Noelle said, mustering all of her courage. 'I mean it. Narnia is our ally, we cannot leave them when they need us most.'