𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 the Pevensies' shoes while they wandered through the Highgate Wood ─ located between East Finchley and Muswell Hill. The woodland of North London couldn't compare with the ethereal beauty of the Narnian forests, but as the rays of sunshine fell through the thick foliage above their heads, it came quite close. The light fell in golden specks on the leaf-covered ground and the fresh air of earth and oak trees elevated the siblings' hearts.

June Pevensie, who was roughly twelve minutes older than her twin brother Peter, carried the picnic basket filled with sandwiches and fresh fruit whereas Edmund pressed the patterned blanket tightly under his arm.

Though the War had wiped away big parts of their town, the forest had endured it without much damage. The siblings knew their time in Narnia had long passed, but June, Peter, Edmund and Lucy liked to retreat to the woods and parks scattered across London whenever their life became too hectic, to reminisce old memories.

Susan, however, had distanced herself more and more from her siblings, as if their magical adventures had never happened; she had chosen to forget.

'I think this is a good spot,' Lucy spoke up when they came across a meadow.

The grass leaves were still covered with the morning dewdrops, making it seem as if hundreds of diamonds were hidden between the yellow dandelions. In the middle of the open spot stood a massive oak tree, its many twisting and turning branches reaching far into the sky and its leaves rustled softly in the wind.

June's brown eyes lit up like dark golden jewellery dancing in sunlight when she focussed upon the oak tree. Its magnificence definitely reminded her of the living trees of Narnia.

'I think that as well, Lucy,' she said in awe.

The siblings' laughter carried far through the air as they walked over to the oak and put up the picnic in the cool shadow.

It wasn't midday yet, but the summer sun started to heat up the earth already and the dewdrops vaporized in the warm air, causing the area around them to shimmer like a mirage.

June sat down on the blanket and stroked the wrinkles out of the light green fabric of her dress before opening the basket and handing both Edmund and Lucy a sandwich.

'Peter?' June asked when her twin was nowhere to be seen, her heart already skipping a beat from worry.

'Over here,' Peter answered. He appeared from behind the oak, one of his hands placed on the gnarled trunk as he tried to gaze up towards the tip of the tree between the branches.

'Don't you think it is strange we have never come across this place before?' he continued, sitting down next to June and accepting the sandwich.

'Well,' Edmund started, 'we have never taken these paths before so no, I do not think it is that strange.'