𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐂 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 clashing swords echoed throughout Aslan's How, accompanied by a shallow thud every few moments as the arrows embedded themselves into the practice targets. The torches lit the spacious area with a flickering light, causing the shadows of the practising people to dance over the reddish brown coloured ground as well. The circumstances weren't ideal to train in, but it beat standing outside in the middle of the still raging snowstorm.

The Pevensies, Caspian, Reepicheep and Darkan walked between the others, giving directions here and there as the sparring partners tried to master the beginner's moves shown to them by Peter.

Caspian stopped by Phoenix' side, uttering a chuckle before slightly shaking his head. The red-haired young man still tried to lift his sword in just one hand.

'Phoenix,' Caspian said, pushing against the broad blade with two fingers and the tip of the sword dropped in an uncontrollable movement to the ground.

Phoenix groaned in irritation, the muscles in his arm burning painfully. 'What?'

'Your sword has a two-handed hilt for a reason. Use both hands, as I have told you before.'

Phoenix pouted. 'But no one else uses two hands.'

'I do,' Darkan spoke up as he stood next to Giulia who picked up fighting with a tetela lance scarily fast.

Giulia snorted, stabbing an imaginary opponent right through its chest and her dark braided hair danced around her shoulders in sync with the movements of her arms. 'Guess which boys use longswords to compensate?'

'I do not,' Phoenix protested indignantly while giggles traveled through the air now as well.

'Interesting theory,' Darkan simply said, before pulling the lance out of her hands with an unexpected jolt.

'Ey!' Giulia exclaimed, taking a few uncontrolled steps to keep in balance.

Darkan silenced her by gracefully twirling the weapon a few times around, the lance whooshing through the air in a deadly speed. Then, almost as fast as a flash of lightning, he hooked the blunt end behind her ankles and swiped her feet.

Giulia fell towards the ground with a scream but Darkan grabbed her hand just before she could actually collide with the hard surface. He pulled her back up and with a wink, he handed her back the lance.

'I don't need to compensate,' he said. 'I just know how to use all sorts of weapons, but the longsword is my favourite.'

Giulia huffed. 'Show-off.'

However, as Darkan turned his back on her, she tried twirling the lance between her hands as well. A broad smile appeared on her face when the lance started to whistle; she didn't know the tetela could sing that beautifully.