𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐊𝐘 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒 lighter as the sun began to rise. The waves washed ashore in an endless rhythm of pushing and pulling as not even the unexpected cold could freeze over the tides of Narnia. Though the silver-golden sand grains of the beach always used to sparkle in the moonlight, the layer of snow created an even more spectacular landscape as its white colour seemed surreal.

Mina knew she should probably get as much sleep as she could since they would journey to Aslan's How in a few hours. However, even after nearly freezing to death, Mina felt far too restless as the unfamiliar atmosphere of the castle caused her mind to whir continuously. Whereas the poltergeist Peeves could ravage through Hogwarts at night and the enchanted harnesses would follow the students with their invisible eyes, this Cair Paravel had neither of those things, yet there hung another sort of magic in the air all around them.

When the room Mina shared with Elodie, Ella, Giulia and Vittoria became light enough to distinguish the furniture without difficulty, Mina decided to get up. She didn't care it was early; if she had to toss and turn in the bed one more time, she would scream from frustration.

The fire in the hearth had turned into a smoldering heap of ashes and wood, and Mina shivered when her bare feet touched the marble floor. She changed into the clothing given to them by Caspian ─ or should she say the King? ─ as fast and silently as she could. It consisted of two pair of black trousers (one thinner than the other so that she could wear both), warm woolen socks with supple boots, a vest, two long-sleeved shirts, a jerkin, and a thick fur cloak for outside. Mina knew wearing layers was important during temperatures below its freezing point, but still, she felt a few pounds heavier after she was fully dressed. She did love the warm yellow undertones in her clothing, though.

Mina observed her dark silhouette in the mirror, wondering how it would be to carry a sword like the otherworlders, but then she set course towards the door. Her foot hit the wooden leg of Ella's bed in the process though, and Mina swallowed back in her painful groan threatening to leave her lips. She didn't want to wake the others, but she couldn't do anything about the shallow thud that seemed to be ten times louder in the silence.

Ella yelped when the vibration of the collision shot through the mattress and she sat up straight within a second. Her dark hair pointed in all sorts of directions and her heart beat unevenly in her chest from the unexpected awakening. The heavy blanket fell off her shoulders and Ella let out another shriek when she noticed the figure near her foot end, not realizing in time it was Mina.

Giulia, Vittoria and Elodie shot awake as well, the hands of the former two reaching for the wands under their pillows in an instinct, despite the fact they couldn't produce any magic in this world.

'What is happening?' Elodie mumbled, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

Giulia, however, waved her wand through the air in a threatening manner, her brown eyes ablaze. 'By Salazar's serpent! Who dares to disturb my slumber?'