𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐅 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐄 in her body had shifted out of their joints, and had been relocated forcefully and carelessly. The pain smashed like a relentless hammer; on her knees, head, ribcage, everywhere, over and over again in a throbbing manner.

She wished she could just stay unconscious, but as her senses grew so did the aching of the uncomfortable position she laid in. Her arm rested in a painful angle under her back while a row of sharp rocks pressed in her left thigh, hip and lower back. A freezing cold rose up from the floor underneath her as well, adding to the pain that already resided deep within her bones, and she mustered her courage to move.

Mina groaned while slowly pushing herself up by rolling onto her side and freeing her arm from behind her back. However, her breath scraped like sandpaper through her throat and she quickly stopped making any sound at all. Her throat and jaw felt bruised and sore, and she flinched as she carefully touched it but her cold fingers were a relief to the heated skin as well.

A shiver ran down her spine as she remembered how Darkan had enclasped her jaw in a likewise manner, but she took a few deep, yet painful breaths to calm her mind. She wondered where she was, and how much time had passed in her unconsciousness.

While swallowing in a grunt, Mina struggled back onto her feet as her body felt weak and trembled uncontrollably. She sought support with her other free hand by something cold, vertical standing and rod-shaped next to her. Iron bars. She dared to bet she was in the dungeons of Cair Paravel, as a prisoner of the Winter Lady.

Mina started to see more and more in the twilight of the dungeon as a faint gleam far in the distance, like a beam of moonlight, shed light on her surroundings. There weren't any windows, and frost covered the walls, causing the cracks between the stones to glisten in the faint light. The only way in and out seemed to be the spiral staircase at the far end of where Mina stood now.

The iron bars of the cell door, though, didn't budge at all as she shook at them. She only heard a small squeak of the hinges near the stone ceiling and floor, and a jingle of the lock, but the door itself stood as unwavering as a mountain. The cold iron bit in the skin of her hands and she let go of the door again, pressing her hands under armpits to try and warm them up a bit again.

Mina's brown eyes wandered through her cell, a thoughtful look on her face. She wanted to get out, but how?

Her heart skipped several beats, though, when she suddenly noticed a large and slightly moving heap in the cell next to her. Its weak breathing reached her ears in a irregular manner, and the sound was barely audible above her own heartbeat.

Mina squinted her eyes as she tried to make out more details from whatever laid in the cell, and it seemed as if the heap consisted of a lot of fur. With a little bit of imagination, she tried to envision what it would look like in daylight, and she gasped for air as the pieces fell together like a perfect fitting puzzle.