𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐓𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 the Pevensies. A freezing wind howled through the air, biting in their bare skin and the bright light faded away until it wasn't much more than a dimmed one.

The soft green grass leaves under their shoes were replaced by a fluffy layer of snow reaching till their ankles, and June slowly opened her eyes again. Her breath hitched in her throat and she pushed some brown hairs behind her ear as she turned around.

Narnia looked almost exactly like the first time she and her siblings had entered the magical land. Snow laid atop of the trees and even some small icicles hung at the branches.

The sun far above them had trouble shining through the thick light grey clouds but every time some sun rays succeeded, the snow sparkled in a most beautiful manner.

'I can't believe it,' Peter said, standing close to June and a chuckle left his lips. 'We really are back.'

'I never thought we would see this place ever again,' June added and she felt some tears stinging in her eyes. She knew Aslan had been right when he told them it was time to live in their own world, but it was still hard not to feel homesick for a place where she had spent fifteen years of her life.

Peter laid a hand on his twin's shoulder and smiled lightly when their eyes crossed.

June sniffed while she wiped away a tear that left a hot trail over her cheek and she took a few shaky breaths to steady her emotions. 'Why are we here, though?' she wondered.

Peter placed his hands on his side and looked around with a slight frown.

'June, Peter,' Edmund's voice traveled through the air, muted by the thick layer of snow all around them. Edmund and Lucy stood a few feet away from the twins, staring at the tree in front of them.

The snow crunched under June's shoes as she sunk several inches in it and a shiver ran down her back since the snow crept up her bare legs, soaking her socks as well.

'Look,' Lucy said, pointing upwards and Peter and June followed her finger.

An apple hung at one of the branches but snow covered its top and white ice crystals were edged against the red skin, creating an ethereal contrast in colours.

'The winter must have set in without warning,' Edmund said and an awful pit formed in his stomach.

The siblings shared some knowing looks but neither of them dared to say her name out loud. The White Witch was dead, this couldn't be her doing.

'You know,' Peter started, pushing some frozen over twigs of the bushes away and walking up the hill with some effort since the snow seemed set on gliding away under his weight. 'These trees remind me of the orchard we planted outside the north gate of our castle.'