𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

❉━━━━━━❈✾❈━━━━━━❉

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓, the manic laugh still seemed to resonate between the walls of the room. The group could never forget that voice as it echoed merciless between their ears.

The source of the blue light above them had disappeared and they could barely make out each others' silhouettes in the suffocating darkness.

Peter and Caspian struggled to get their torches going, and when the warm orange light danced over the Stone Table, everyone breathed out in relief as it drove back the lingering fear.

The two young men used their torches to light the other ones as well, but Caspian did not dare to set the oil ablaze again; afraid the mist would return.

Noelle stroked the wrinkles out of her green tunic with trembling hands while she tried to slow down her irregular beating heart. She could still see the ominous swirling strings of fog whenever she blinked, and she crossed eyes with Darkan.

Even he appeared to be rattled as he glanced around the room and his fingers nervously tapped against the leather sheath of his sword.

Caspian spun around on his heels, causing everyone to turn their attention at him instead on the cracked table. 'We have to go back to Cair Paravel,' the King said, sounding out of breath with a hoarse voice.

'What? Now?' Phoenix asked. The muscles in his legs still throbbed with exhaustion from the journey towards the How, but he jogged a few paces to catch up with Caspian's long strides.

'Yes, now,' Caspian answered, leading the group back towards the entrance as fast as he could.

The maze-like tunnels, however, felt dark and threatening, the peaceful ambiance from before had been whisked away like a leaf on a gust of wind.

'Did you not see the mist?' Caspian continued, halting for a moment to glance around a corner. The tunnel was empty, and he waved his free hand above his shoulder to sign to the others the coast was clear.

'Jadis wants to attack Cair Paravel. We have to go back, now,' Caspian elaborated when he looked back and noticed the confused expression of the newcomers.

'I don't understand,' Vittoria said, her voice barely a whisper. 'Who is Jadis?' She was pretty sure she hadn't heard the others mentioning that name before and the tips of her hair started to turn white; the anxiety affecting her metamorphic powers.

George took her hand, pulling her closer and giving her a quick kiss on the top of her head. 'It's going to be alright, darling,' he said, murmuring against her hair and she took a few deep breaths. The white colour faded away before any of the others could notice it, and she gave him a grateful smile.

At the other end of the group, Elodie carefully touched Peter's upper arm to get his attention.

He snapped out of his thoughts, his grim expression wavering for a moment as he looked at her.