Waking

Odin and Frigga were on their way to the healing chamber when Lady Eir was on her way to inform queen Frigga about what she discovered.

"All-mother." Eir's quiet voice made Frigga's chest tighten with anxiety, Eir's face held a grave expression. "I have something to inform you about the prince's condition."

Frigga held on to Odin's hand tightly, Frigga felt like her legs were not supporting her. Her son was suffering and she couldn't help him. Why is everything bad happening to her precious boy?

They followed Lady Eir until they were in front of the healing chamber. Thor was standing next to Loki's door, looking aghast. His face was pale.

"What is it, Lady Eir? Tell us." Odin demanded, fearing the worst.

Did they lose him? He didn't even see his son.

"Prince Loki woke up when we lowered the dome of energy, he was thrashing and demanding us to return him to his master." She said, not knowing who this master is but looking at the royal family in front of her, she was certain that they knew who she was talking about.

"The healers calmed him, and we put the dome of energy back. But while I was examining the scans of his skull to see if there were any injuries." Lady Eir took a deep breath and said. "We found a powerful source of power over his brain."

Frigga closes her eyes, not caring when hot tears rolled down her cheeks.

"What is the meaning of this? How could he use magic on him?" Odin asked incredulously.

But Frigga didn't wait to hear an answer, and she rushed into the healing chamber. Her sweet, bright boy is still suffering.

Loki was lying on the bed, the glimmering gold dome of energy encased the entire frame of the bed. He looks so small and vulnerable.

"I'm so sorry, little one," Frigga whispers when she stood beside his bed.

Frigga heard the sounds of footsteps and she watched as her husband's single eye stared at Loki surrounded by the glimmering gold dome of energy. His lips parted, and he moved to Loki and he put his hand on the dome of energy, without saying anything.

"Eir, lower the dome." His voice wavered. "Thor, step aside and hold your mother."

Thor wrapped an arm around her shoulders, drawing her tight, "what will you do! You won't harm him." Frigga tried to pull from Thor's hold, but she couldn't.

Thor was trying to assure her that Odin is helping Loki, but Frigga was having none of that.

"I am sorry, my boy," Odin whispered sadly, as the dome was lowered. His hand tightened on Gungnir and a bright colour blazed at the tip of it until the light hit Loki, and Thor felt the power that was radiating from his father, the Odinforce.

Odin could feel the energies all around him, he can feel his wife, Thor, and Asgard's people.

And he could feel it, the Mad Titan's rotten presence in his son's mind. Thanos's power made bile rise in his throat, he knows that power; he hadn't sensed a power like that in millennia. An infinity stone.

His vision goes white as he detaches the loathsome power from his son's mind. He could hear Loki's screams, 'Master, have mercy.'

How dare he lay a hand on an Odinson!

Frigga was screaming for Odin to stop as she couldn't bear to see her son suffering. She tried to detach herself from Thor, to pull Loki in her embrace, but to no avail.

Odin grits his teeth together, and slowly and carefully detaches the loathsome power from his son's mind.

The Mad Titan's hooks on Loki's mind were crumbling under the power of Odin, one after the other until they were destroyed. Thanos was battling him for control, and commanding Loki to attack his father, the one who doesn't want a frost giant, a monster as his son but the Odinforce was much greater until the last hook crumpled and Odin couldn't feel Thanos rotten presence in his son's mind.

Loki's breathing is labored, he is shivering, trembling, and so, small, and his wounds start to re-open but Odin could feel his son's magic healing him, Odin stood motionless as the glow at the tip of Gungnir faded away. And Loki's wild, red-rimmed eyes were looking at him.

Frigga rushed to Loki's side, making Loki startle when she pulled him into her embrace. She doesn't care about his sweating body or anything, just her son.

His lips parted and he whispers hoarsely, "Móðir?"

Her heart ached, and she felt like crying again, but she smiled at him. "I am here, my sweetheart. How do you feel?" It felt as if she had forgotten the world around her at this moment, just her and Loki alone.

"It hurts, Móðir"

She reached for his hair to run her hand through it, saddened by the fact that her son was still in pain. "I am sorry, my sweet one, but I promise you will heal and be well." She said.

"Brother," Thor said hesitantly, scared that Loki will deny him as his brother. But as he saw the flinch which he tried to hide, he was devastated.

"Thor," Loki said, frowning, not knowing what to address Thor. "Brother." He tentatively said.

Thor nodded eagerly, hope returning when Loki called him that. "I am sorry." He blurted, apologizing for all the hurt that he caused Loki.

Loki looked surprised and a whirlwind of emotions passed on his face. Love, regret, "I apologize too for......." But Loki couldn't continue because he was pulled into a bone-crushing hug by a sobbing Thor.

"I-I am glad that you are here, Loki. You shall never leave my side."

Loki sniffed, but he said. "You are crushing me, oaf." and when Thor pulled away from the hug, to find his brother's genuine smile. He was relieved that his brother is back and he will protect him, and nothing shall harm him.

Loki's smile vanished as he looked at Odin. "All-father," he said and tried to stand to show respect but Odin surprised him by saying. "I am sorry, my son."

Loki's wide eyes were looking at Odin as if he couldn't believe what his father was saying. "It is my fault." His father looked tired, "You should know that you will always be my son, I am sorry that I made you think otherwise."

And then Odin pulled him into a hug, "Father." Loki couldn't say anything else, It had been a long time since his father had hugged him.