calm before the storm

"If I was dying on my knees
You would be the one to rescue me
And if you were drowned at sea
I'd give you my lungs so you could breathe. I've got you brother"

.................

It was in the morning when they arrived back on Asgard.

"Welcome home, my prince," Heimdall said when they got out of the ship, but Loki noticed he looked troubled by something. Heimdall's gaze found Valkyrie and he couldn't help but stare because he thought none of the Valkyries had survived the attack led by Surtur.

"Does something happen, Heimdall?" Loki asked, snapping the gatekeeper from his thoughts.

"The threat is approaching, my prince," Heimdall replied with a blank face, and Loki could feel his heart racing because he knows what Heimdall is talking about. "Midgard was attacked and the mind stone was taken by his followers. Prince Thor couldn't go to Midgard because Thanos himself is approaching Asgard." Heimdall continued, gazing at the ships that were approaching their realm.

"Oh shit, This means that Vision is......." Bruce cursed. "We need to return to earth," he said, looking at Natasha who nodded at him with a grim face.

"Heimdall will send both of you to Midgard to alert Dr. Strange that Thanos will attack Asgard." Loki declared. "Gather your forces on Midgard and I will send a guard to inform Strange when to come to Asgard ."

............................................

It turns out that they were gone for a whole week. Time moves faster on Sakaar.

Loki directed Valkyrie towards Asgard's throne room. They found the queen and Thor there, and lots of Asgardians. Frigga spotted Loki and sprinted over him to hug him, Thor followed her.

"Oh, you are safe, my son," she said. And then she detached herself from the hug and looked at his companion. Her gaze lingered at Valkyrie. "A Valkyrie."

Valkyrie bowed to the queen. "My queen, I apologize for leaving Asgard. It was a terrible mistake."

"Welcome back to Asgard." Frigga smiled at her. "You are the last one, right? I am terribly sorry for what happened to your people."

Valkyrie clenched her jaw at the mention of her people. "I have lost my people and my wife. I thought that it was better to get away from Asgard and never return here," she said and then looked at Loki. "But the prince convinced me otherwise and I realized that my place is here on Asgard."

"And I welcome you here, one of Asgard's greatest warriors."

And they went to continue their talk at the meeting room...

"Where is Hela?" Loki said when he and his brother were alone in the meeting room. Frigga took Valkyrie to announce her return to the Asgardians.

"Hela and the twins are gathering the Asgardians to fight Thanos," Thor said. "But brother, where were you?" he asked when they were alone.

"Sakaar, Hulk was trapped there. And we rescued him."

"And where is Banner?" Thor asked.

"I sent him and Natasha to Midgard," Loki said, and a frown appeared on Thor's face.

"Midgard was attacked after you left. Thanos' children killed Vision, and they took the mind stone, but one of them was killed." Thor said his clenched fist was the only outward sign of his anger. "Also, there was news that Xandar was attacked, and he took the power stone."

"Skíta." Loki sweared. "We only have the time and reality stones."

Thor nodded grimly. "The other realms have sent warriors, they are staying here in Asgard. Even some of the Eldjötnar rebelled against Surtur when they got news of the threat, and they declared that they will join us in the war," he said.