The final battle

"Lo, there do I see my father.
Lo, there do I see my mother,
and my sisters, and my brothers.
Lo, there do I see the line of my people, Back to the beginning!
Lo, they do call to me.
They bid me take my place among them,
In the halls of Valhalla!
Where the brave may live forever!"

..........

It was at dawn when the portal appeared.

The army was spread out along the vast place in front of the Bifrost. Thor, Loki, and Hela were at the front. Frigga and her handmaidens were at the palace, and they created a large dome of energy around all of Asgard, to protect it. Pietro and Wanda were instructed to fight together and to never leave each other's side. Odin stayed with Frigga as he was still exhausted from the Odinsleep.

A huge portal appeared, and the Chitauri began to pour from it. They came on their foot, running through the portal and into Asgard.

"Til Valhall," Thor screamed the battle cry and the whole army charged at the Chitauri. Thor charged toward the hordes of the army, lightning gathering around him until he finally launches himself into the air, and lands in the densest concentration of the army, and makes a crater where they had stood. He was filled with so much rage.

Hela ran her hands back over her head to create her terrifying battle headdress and she manifested a pitch-black blade, Valkyrie was at her side. "Like old times?" The princess smirked.

"Like old times," Valkyrie said, smirking back at her.

And then they charged at the Chitauri. Hela advanced confidently, destroying a lot of the Chitauri soldiers. In a symphony of spectacular terror, Hela proceeded to decimate the Outriders. A tornado of carnage, a legendary massacre, but one of them was able to creep from behind Hela but it was impaled by Valkyrie's sword.

"Oh, darling. The Mad Titan doesn't know what is waiting for him." Hela said to Valkyrie.

Loki slashed through the Chitauri with his two daggers but he noticed that Pietro was knocked down by Thanos daughter's; Proxima Midnight, spear.

"You will regret this. "Loki said angrily, and a green light conjured by his magic to block Proxima Midnight's sword blows, and knocked it from her hand. The alien takes to her bare fists instead-but Loki was able to dodge her fists and with a powerful blast from his magic, he was able to knock her down. Loki didn't notice the other child of Thanos; Corvus Glaive, who was able to pin Loki down. His hands were at Loki's throat, but scarlet energy grabbed the alien and tossed him into the air. Corvus Glaive remained unmoved.

"Thank you," Loki said when Wanda helped him to stand up. He was still trying to catch his breath. "Go and help your brother."

The Scarlet Witch nodded, and she conjured red energy light by her magic. Her eyes have gone red as the colour of her magic, She picked up some debris on the ground and crushed the Chitauri with them.

Some of the Chituari were frozen or burnt by the fire giants and the frost giants. It was the first battle that these two races fought on the same side.

Lots of the army were killed, and the Chituari were still coming through the portal as it was expanding, they even came on their flyers. It was utter chaos.

And then Loki noticed a yellow portal begin to form on his left and he feared the worst, Thanos was opening another portal but.....

Three figures step through; Dr. Strange, Wong, and Iron man, ready to fight. Loki shared a look with Wanda as when Sam came through the portal flying in his Falcon armor with Rhodey following him clad in his war machine suit. Dozens of more portals opened up all around the battlefield. Through one of these, Hulk jumped in the middle of the battle, smashing some of the Chituari. followed by a Quinjet, Barton and Black widow were flying it, joined by Captain America and the Winter Soldier. Everyone on the battlefield watched in confusion and awe as more and more heroes arrived from all corners of the universe, the guardians of the galaxy and Spider-Man.