⭒6⭒

Life asked Death, why do people love me but hate you?

Because you're a beautiful lie and I'm a painful truth.
__________________

Being here right now was a much more easier and less daunting task in my head. The building read 'Policia Local' and I couldn't help but think what made me arrive here. So much happened in this past week of being in Spain.

The wind was picking up its speed. My coat doing nothing but allowing my body heat to escape. The sky was grey, awaiting a storm to happen very soon.

My hands were in my pockets. At least some part of me was warm. Before I could change my mind, I made my way inside the police station with Lameesa. As If somehow possible the note that I picked up yesterday felt more heavier In my pocket, as if weighing it down.

Lameesa was at the reception talking to one of the officers. I surveyed the area giving me creepy vibes. The police men and woman were looking at us as if we were some micro organisms under a microscope. Turning around to Lameesa, she motioned for me to follow her towards a police man.

"Hola. Encantado de conocerte. mi nombre es Lameesa Mukhtar y aquí está Laila. queríamos reportar las amenazas que se nos están enviando desde hace unos días"

"Encantado de conocerle, señorita Mukhtar. mi nombre es Bernando y voy a escribir cualquier cosa que usted tiene que informar así que por favor no dude en empezar siempre que esté listo"

"Lo siento perro ¿hablas inglés? estas amenazas le han estado pasando a mi prima, pero ella no sabe inglés"

"Si. Si. No hay problema. May I ask you to tell me what exactly happened, Miss..." The officer looks down at me expectantly. His accent very heavy, making me unable to understand what he was saying properly. I still had time to go back and not put ourselves in more risk. I still had time to leave this place once and for all. Suddenly Lameesa not so discretely jabbed my sides.

"Emm Bakhash, Laila Bakhash officer" I said finally, glaring at Lameesa who was solely focusing her attention on the officer.

"Bale Miss Laila Bakhash, can you start from the beginning. What happened?"

So I did. I started from the unfateful night to the bus stop incident and then now the note. But before I could even mention anything about the note or show it to him, the siren went off alarming the police officers. Before I could even register anything going on, Officer Bernardo stood up in a flash and gave an apologised look.

"Lo siento girls. I have to be at this urgent emergency right now, but do not worry what you told me is enough for us to work on-" and like that his words were short-lived, just like his life. There he lay in a pool of his own blood. A bullet shot between this forehead.

Me and Lameesa were both stood in front of the dead body, mouth agape, horror running down my spine. Astaghfirullah. What have I just witnessed. Ya Allah. What is going on.

Quickly I pushed lameesa behind a nearby desk and motioned for her to lay low. Just at my left I could see the once living and talking officer just a few feet away from me, his eyes wide awake yet lifeless. I was successful in holding my puke at bay, thanks to the adrenaline rushing in my system.

Forcing the body out of my mind, which was impossible, I surveyed the station around me. Who would have killed a police officer? And that too in a station? I couldn't see anyone but other police officers surveying the vicinity. I'm guessing this was why the raid went off, alerting them of something serious.

No other police officer was harmed other than the one I was talking to. Im glad they were safe. Turning to my side a group of officers holding their guns in their hands went out of the building shouting in rapid spanish. I looked around the area once again, fear propelling my body still. My eyes skimmed past dark eyes, almost like the ones in my dream. But this was real and no dream. It was a police officer stood against the entrance, looking directly at me. He was tall, very tall. More than 6ft tall.