⭒45⭒

The following Chapter may contain sensitive topics and language. Read at your own risk. ⚠️

The lust for comfort kills
the passions of the soul
{Khalil Gibran}
______

His fiancé was becoming much more bold over the past couple of months. As soon as the command escaped Rafael's mouth, he could see a streak of defiance in her emerald eyes. He needed her to be safe. Not foolish.

Itzel had told him about some meetings which would take place in the private hospital area, and everyone within the Mafia world knew whenever these meetings sprung about abruptly, shit would hit the fan.

Seeing her cheeky and nonchalant attitude was angering Rafael to no end, but thankfully he kept it at bay. With one last warning her way, she sashayed away towards the entrance, but not before turning around and giving the demon a sweet smile and a wave.

Just like the ones he'd give her when she'd be in turmoil. She was practically rubbing it all in his face, and he could tell she was enjoying evey second of it.

Rafael let out a growl upon the sight, thankful she'd disappeared behind the doors, otherwise he wouldn't be responsible for his next actions.

He walked back to his car, Itzel on speed dial.

"Hola-" Itzel began but was rudely cut off.

"Itzel, I want you to keep a close eye on the men for the remaining week. I feel something will happen, and we need to be prepared. This is a golden oppertunity to intrude whilst they are least expecting it" he clarified In a hard tone, leaving no room for argument.

Itzel bit down on her tongue in anger, hating when she was ordered to do something. Anything! But this was Rafael, and though he was of blood relation, even then she was terrified of him. Any small thing would tick him off, and he wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet between someone's head.

Safe to say, if it wasn't for a certain small minx, he'd be on a killing spree, killing just about all his men for simply being unable to follow simple orders.

Nonetheless, like the good little cousin she was, she replied with an okay and a curt end of the call. She scoffed as soon as the call ended, not believing how rude her cousin was. To be honest, the majority of the men in her family were rude. Perhaps due to some haywire genetics or maybe because they were naturally hot blooded, and I'll tempered.

With a sigh, she got up from her chair and proceeded to make her way to the hospital. Despite all her complaining and refusal to do any task thrown her way, Itzel couldn't help the thrill rushing through her own blood. She would enjoy tormenting that Laila girl.

Why not have some fun, while she was at it?

Rafael could sense something was amiss. Being a Mafia Lord wasn't easy. Despite his identity being hidden away from his enemies, it didn't do any service of ridding his anxiety. He was a wanted man, by his own government and his enemies, and that only meant they'd work twice as hard to crack down on him.

But of course, he was no fool. Having lived this lifestyle since he was a kid, he'd learned a lot from the elders mistakes and vowed to himself secrecy.

His mind went back to Laila, and how much she could be at risk of being tracked down. She could become an easy target to those dangerous men in the hospital. Spain was all fun and games on the surface, but only the locals knew what was really going on.

They were fully aware of the seedy business taking place right under their noses, but the corrupt government did nothing out of fear, and most likely money feeding their bank accounts.