⭒52⭒

Strange Miracle. O wondrous creatures,
By what strange miracle.
Do you so often.
Not smile?
{Hafiz }
___

Only God knows how much time Laila spent in the room crying. The more she reminisced on what happened, the more tears would disobey her mind. She needed to stop. All this crying would make her sick eventually and she could not afford that right now.

No positive thought crossed her for even a second, so if her health did end up deteriorating she was screwed. Willing herself to calm down, she attempted at wiping her face meekly. Yet more tears escaped.

No. This would not do. She made way to the en suite and washed her face with cold water. This offered a temporary halt on the tear-works, much to her relief.

She was in for a shock upon entering her room. A slight scream escaped her mouth upon discovering the demon situated on her bed.

He sat there all composed and peaceful, nothing like Laila's internal emotions. She was brewing with rage upon the sight and wanted nothing more than to bash his head.

He motioned for her to come forward, delighted to finally call her his own. Now he would not need to worry which scoundrel she'd have liked, now that she was tied to him. Upon the thought, a devious smile lighted his face which only added to Laila's rage.

What was so good or funny about her current situation that the demon seemed to be smiling. If only she knew what he was thinking of her. She'd run back into the en suite and potentially never want to come out.

Laila shook her head, disobeying his command. Instantly the happiness drained from his face as he stood up to his full height. Laila was about to rush back into the en suite, but had it not been for her husband's fast reflexes, she would have surely succeeded.

"Why do you run away from me my wife. I would have presumed it was known by now that that was impossible" he seemed to gloat as mischief swirled around his eyes. Laila attempted at getting away, but he only pulled her in closely. Now there was nothing more than clothes separating them.

"Let go of me!" She bursted in vexation. Her husband only found this action amusing. "I will never accept you as my husband!"

A chuckle escaped from Rafael rendering all of Laila's movement to come to a sudden halt. Never before had she heard him laugh and that too with or around her. Why did it sound so...so good. She found herself conflicted. At this moment, she was supposed to be repulsed by each of his actions. Not in awe!

Rafael seemed to realise just how much of an effect he had on her. With the way her fighting and words died down. If it wasn't for his chuckle surely he would have heard more negative words coming out of that pretty mouth.

"You were saying" he raised his eyebrows in question, wanting to know what else she had to say. As if coming back to her senses, Laila shut her mouth instantly, gulping one last time before using all her strength to exit from his hold.

Thankfully he let her this time. She wasted no time into ensuring there was a good enough distance between then.

"I don't want to be here! I've got a family to get back to" she seethed, her hands crossed across her chest. Rafael raised a brow at her defiance. What did she not understand about a two lettered word.

"I will tell you this for the first and last time. I am now your family-"

"No!" She cried incredulously, pushing away at him. Rafael bit his lip in annoyance. "You're nothing to me-" before she could finish her sentence, he grabbed her arms with such strength, that the act rendered Laila still. Even breathing in the moment seemed to be too difficult a task, especially when he looked so dangerous.