⭒51⭒

Collapse into me.
Just once.
I promise
You'll never have to
Fall again
{Unknown}
_____

Gone. Gone were all the taunting smirks. What now remained was a cold and firm line across his lips. He seemed to be communicating with me, his eyes speaking a hundred different consequences to my reply.

"No" I managed to choke out in a whisper of my voice. The Imaam was shocked to say the least and I knew then I'd made the biggest mistake of my life. By refusing the devil.

It was eerily quiet and I didn't dare look up. But then the silence was deafening, playing with my emotions, so eventually I did. Rafael's gaze seemed to be digging into me as if burning lasers. Then a smile adorned his features, sickening.

"Leave us" he'd ordered to the Imaam, whom in return stayed put. "Listen, son, you cannot force an answer upon this young lady-" he began but was immediately shut up once Rafael faced him. Even he knew better than to annoy this man, Laila, and he probably didn't even know what he did for a living.

I was too scared to speak, as I'd already gone against the one thing he told me not to. But my answer was so much more important than his stupid command. As a Muslim women, I was free to marry any man of my will!

"I said get out. I will call you in when you're needed" he seethed. The Imaam nodded fearfully, gulping as he did so. He looked at me momentarily, a look of pity washing over his face before he walked away. Once the door was shut, Rafael wasted no time in grilling me.

"What did you say?" He questioned calmly, yet I could detect the layer of anger. He was exceptional at hiding how he felt. But I was equally as good at observation.

"I said no" I exclaimed quietly. He nodded more to himself, walking around infront of me as if deciding what to do next. "You can't do this Rafael. Please, spare me this once!" I pleaded as he continued to pace around. His actions seemed restless as he did so.

"Listen here Laila" he began, his hands clasped around the arm resters of the sofa which I currently occupied. I moved myself away from his proximity, staring at him with wide eyes. "I'm giving you one last chance, otherwise you won't like the consequence" he'd stated calmly, his eyes wild.

"But this isn't fair!" I shouted, tears welling in my eyes. "This isn't fair at all! I didn't even want to get married so young to begin with especially not with someone like you" I cried in frustration. I covered my face with my hands, not being able to face the world.

I didn't want to see how angry he became, because I know one look at his terrifying face, and I'd have no choice but to submit.

"If that's what you want" he hummed, pushing himself away from me. I breathed out relieved. This seemed easier than what I'd thought, yet I had a feeling this was not it.

I looked up at his frame, to see him on the phone. He placed it next to his ear and immediately started yelling in rapid Spanish to someone. He made motion to hang up, but as soon as his eyes landed on me, he made sure to place the phone back against his ear. A prideful smile took over his features, as he began in a low voice, this time in English.

"José, for the residents of number ten craftord road, make sure to give them a painless death and I'll pay you generously" and then he shut the phone as my life collapsed before my eyes. That was the address of my parents house!

The tears from before increased the more I thought of my families dead body flashing in my mind. Guilt. I felt extreme guilt, but more than that I felt like a murderer.