⭒15⭒

It's a dangerous mission.
You could die over there.
You could live forever.
{Tess gallagher}
___________

"Hey Laila, can you do me a favour and give the kid's reports at the reception" Marissa exclaimed, rushing into the staff room. I had just finished eating my lunch and nodded at her.

"Of course. You eat in peace. Is there anything else you need to give?" She shook her head.

"No. Thank you hermosa. I didn't have anything this morning as I had to drop off my sister to school and on top of that, my parents aren't in Madrid right now. So the duty lies on me" she explained. Poor girl must be starving.

"Okay Marissa. Don't worry about
It"

I walked over to the reception and gave the reports to the receptionist. I looked around for Antoinette, who would usually be here at lunch time, but she wasn't. I looked next to the pillars and still she want there.

Turning towards the entrance, I could distinctly see someone who looked like Antoinette. That chubby petite figure and those salt and pepper rolls of hers couldn't be mistaken for anyone else.

I still had plenty of time before my shift started again, so I walked over to her, wondering why she was stood at the entrance. I tapped her on her shoulder, causing her to instantly jolt and turn around. Her eyes were wide and her hands were placed on her heart.

I couldn't help but giggle at her reaction.

"Oh Antoinette. ¿Que estas haciendo aquí?" I used what little spanish I learned from here and there on her. I hoped I pronounced the words properly.

She looked surprised before nodding her head.

"Bien bien, tu español es muy bueno" she said, which I'm guessing was praising me on my Spanish. I hope so.

"y también se suponía que iba a encontrarme con alguien, pero él no vino" her rapid spanish left my ears and mind in a confused state. I'm pretty sure it was clear on my face too.

Seeing this, she pointed to herself, and then tapped her wrist.

"Que" I replied, not knowing what she was initiating.

She again tapped her wrist with her index. Seeing the hopeless look in my eyes, her eyes wondered around the hospital before she began pointing at a clock. A clock? Why's she pointing at a clock.

Ahh. Maybe she was saying something about time! Was she waiting for someone?

I quickly took out my phone and translated are you waiting for someone. I showed her the screen and she immediately nodded. Her hands in a thumbs up symbol.

"Quien?" I asked.

At that exact moment, before Antoinette could reply, I heard a clear of throat from behind Antoinette. Oh no.

Antoinette turned hugging the figure. The demon looked down at me, smirking.

They began conversing in rapid spanish before the demons eyes landed on me. I stood there awkwardly under his stare. He said something to Antoinette before she nodded, giving me a pat on the shoulder alongside a smile and walking away.

I should have walked away the moment I had the bloody chance. Oh Laila.

"How great to see you Miss Bakhash" he said with a blank face, completely contradicting his words.

I wish I could say the same. I so desperately wanted to say, but due to the fear of his presence alone, I looked down. For gods sake Laila. Grow a pair and look him straight in the eye.