⭒29⭒

"Out damned spot,
Out I say!"
Lady Macbeth {A5:S1)
____________

My positive thoughts faltered.

Demanding things now are we.

I could practically imagine that vicious smirk adoring his face.

Sighing in annoyance, I realised this whole convincing thing was going to be a lot more difficult. And also, I didn't want to come off as if I would be begging him either, which left me in a difficult position.

No I'm merely just asking. I have something important I want to talk about. Can you meet me? I texted back.

No. Came his short and simple reply.

Rude much! I don't need your stupid presence anyway.

I'll deal with this headache later. I'm going to go get lunch for the patients.

And that I did, until I exited the restaurant out into the reception. Those poor patients just be hungry, yet I was also curious about these men that just entered the private area.

No Laila. It's the patients health first and then any other personal issues. With these thoughts running around in my mind, I took the food trolly upto the adults wards and gave out the patients food.

Some thanked me wholeheartedly, their expressions placed on their face. However, the others, such as the guy I scared the other day mumbled a 'gracias" before snatching the tray from me. He looked me up and down sourly, before digging into his food.

Okay then.

I continued on with my observation of the other patients.

There was this one lady, in her early forties who looked snobbish. For the past week since she's been here, all I heard from outside her room was complaints and more complaints about how the service was very bad.

I'm sorry we couldn't accommodate you to a five star hotel, although in my humble opinion, this hospital was like a five star hotel.

However, one thing I didn't fail to notice was the instant connection Victoria had with this patient. I couldn't help but chuckle internally as it takes one to know one. They must love their gossip sessions.

All of a sudden I heard a female calling for my name. Turning the corner from where I came from, Marissa ran towards me, a worried look on her face.

"Laila. Something's happening at the reception I don't know what but you have to come see what it's about" for a few minutes she was unable to say anything. She blabbered in words until I told her to take deep breaths and calm down.

My face held the same amount of worry as hers as we step in step ran towards the lift. It took us down quickly and we couldn't have been more thankful. Marissa followed on behind as we ran to see what the commotion was.

A group of women clad in black tight dresses stood before Antoinette. From where I was stood, I could tell she was shaking in her shoes. Poor women.

Those ladies looked dangerous for some reason, with their tall stature and emotionless expressions. Whispers erupted from around me but were silenced when I took a step forward in Antoinette's direction.

Marissa's grip on my arm stopped me in my tracks. I mouthed a 'what" just to see her shaking her head.

"Laila, you don't know these people, please stay here" she pleaded, her eyes showing an entire different ocean of pain and caution. I couldn't just stand here and watch as Antoinette was subjected to these ferocious ladies. I had to do something.