⭒21⭒

I would HIGHLY recommend listening to the recitation above. It's from the Quran discussing the life of Prophet Noah (AS). I love this surah so much alongside the recitals soothing voice.

_______________________

واللةيريدالاخرة

"But Allah desired for you the Hereafter"
____________

Sweat glistened in every part of my body. I looked at the time to see that Fajr had already started. I made sure to drink water, hoping it would ease my erratic heart.

Ya Allah. What was that nightmare?

It was surely from the devil.

If I stayed in my bed any longer, the nightmare would have taken control of my thoughts, so I quickly went to the bathroom and performed abulution.

I prayed the Morning Prayer and began reading Surah Nuh (The chapter of Noah) where God describes the struggles of Nuh (AS).

This chapter was one of my favorites as knowing the fact that it took the prophet around 950 years to show people the true religion of islam, and despite this time, only less than ten people reverted to Islam is mind-blowing.

Alongside this, it shows the struggles and the amount of patience which prophet Noah had. After having read this chapter, I made sure to have a lot more patience with Gods plan.

I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided on making breakfast.

A deja vu of my dream flashed in my mind and left just as fast. I tried to venture my thoughts somewhere else, somewhere where I was safe and felt at home.

"Hmm it's smelling delicious Laili" Lameesa chimed sniffing the air occasionally like a hamster. Chuckling, I went back to flipping the omelet.

Soon the remaining Mukhtars came and we l gathered around the table, talking and enjoying our breakfast. Uncle leaned back in his chair, his chubby belly almost popping out of his button down shirt.

Lameesa from behind me giggled before chastising her father gently.

"Baba. Mister fatty baby is showing again. In sha allah when Ramadan comes, you must lose weight. Don't forget" it was my turn to giggle at Lameesas' name for Uncles belly. Uncle held his hands up, surrendering.

"Okay Habibti. You never give me an opportunity to forget" he said, mirth flowering in his eyes. He reminded me of my father a lot which reminded me, I needed to call back home.

Me alongside Lameesa and the twins cleaned up the table, and uncle and auntie went out to the shops. We waved goodbye to them, as we all took turns cleaning the kitchen and living room.

I decided to wash the dishes, whilst the girls were on cleaning the kitchen and living room duty.

Sighing in contentment after doing the dishes, I excused myself to speak to mama and baba. They answered the call after three rings, their faces bright and happy. I couldn't help the smile taking over my face too.

"Assalam-ualaikum Laila. How are you"

"Wa alay-kamus salaam Ammi g, I'm okay how are you and abu g"

"Alhamdulillah everyone is okay, how is everyone there? I hope you're helping around young lady" I rolled my eyes playfully but off camera obviously.

"Yes yes mother, I am. Now tell me is Nadir doing okay?"

Mum nodded her head, but her actions were shortlived as she waved to someone behind me.

"Assalamualaikum Lameesa, how are you?" She asked.

I turned around to see Lameesa grinning from ear to ear. I chuckled before giving her the phone.

"I think mum likes you more the me" I joked. Lameesa shrugged mumbling a "what can I say".

"You talk to mum. I'll go see what the twins are doing" I responded. Lameesa and mum were genuinly like two peas in a pod, which I don't know how since they have an age gap of at least twenty years.

But then again, Lameesa was always teased of having a grandma personality, which may have been a good reason for attracting my mum. You name anything Lameesa and my mum have already talked about.

Gossip, yes. Islam, yes. Boys, yes. At one point during my early teen years I was convinced me and Lameesa were switched in the family.

I couldn't help the small smile from approaching my face as I left my room hearing mum and Lameesa squealing like highschool girls and giggling.

I walked downstairs to see Kira switch off the hoover. I took it from her thinking she must've been tired. She smiled in thanks before heading to the kitchen. I put away the hoover and sat down.

"Do you want to watch a movie Laili?" Sajdah asked. I nodded.

"Comedy or romantic or action cos' there can be no in-between" obviously.

"I'm feeling in the mood for something comedy. I know I need it" thankfully Sajdah didn't ask about the final statement as she hummed before going through netflix.

"We're the Millers?"

"Nah" I shook my head.

"Blockers?"

"Nah"

Sajdah sighed in despair before lighting up like a lightbulb.

"I know the perfect movie. Drumroll please" she asked and I delivered. After a good ten seconds of abusing my thighs, she finally spoke, more like screached.

"White chicks!"

I nodded at her, happy for having the oppertunity of watching the amazing duo for the...literal hundredth time.

The movie begun and shortly after so did the laughter.

It was exactly like this in my dream. We were all watching a movie until something terrifying came up. I was accused of killing people.

Was my subconscious telling me I was the reason for the police officers deaths. And was I the reason for any others which I didn't know about.

"I love the part where they meet the twins. Oh I can't wait for this part" Sajdah nudged me, breaking me from my thoughts.

"She's doing to have a BS... A bitch fit" she exclaimed in synchronisation with the actress. I chuckled at her American accent, also fully well knowing the next words.

A quarter of the way through the movie Lameesa came down with my phone in her hand. She glanced at me for a second longer, knowing soemthing was up.

I gulped in anticipation.

"You got a message from an unknown number whilst I was talking to auntie. I didn't read it though, so don't you worry your pretty head" she broke out into a grin.

Instantly my dream flashed in my brain, resulting in sweaty palms. I nonchalantly took the phone from her attempting to act normal.

Kira continued the movie whilst I went out the room. I had a feeling of who this unknown number was and was dreading even reading the message.

Without wasting anymore time, I opened the message.

________

Since it's Ramadan, I thought why not include Islamic quotes. I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. Enjoy!!!

Don't forget to VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!