02

Alexa's Point of View

It was Friday night. The party was very soon and I was yet to get ready. Maybe I should text Hamzah and have him come over to help me.

Me: hamzah!!!!

Hamz: hey lex wyd

Me: getting ready for the party but idk what to wear ! come help

Hamz: window?

Me: yup!!!

I decided to rush to clean up my room. Hamzah was my neighbor so he would be here any minute. Especially since he would just climb through my window. My parents were not okay with me having boys over, even Hamzah, so he just snuck in through the window.

I heard a quiet knock at my window. I then pulled the curtains away from the window. My eyes met with Hamzah's. I pushed my window up and open allowing him to climb in.

"God I hate this," He said as he stepped into my house. "Gives me anxiety every time. Your parents are so intimidating."

"Tell me about it," I laughed. "And I live with them."

Hamzah sat on my bed as I searched through my closet.

"What are we thinking?" I asked. "Dress, skirt, jeans..?"

"Jeans," He said. "No way are you going to Aaron Hull's party in anything above the knee."

"Seriously Hamzah?" I asked giving him a serious face.

"Hey, you asked for my opinion. I'm just giving it," He said throwing his arms in the air.

"Fair point," I said turning back into my closet and searching for a pair of jeans.

I grabbed a pair of black boyfriend jeans, "These?"

"Exactly those," Hamzah nodded.

I went back to searching in my closet for a shirt. I decided on a pullover with a collared shirt beneath it.

"The argyle sweater," Hamzah said pointing to the green argyle sweater.

"The perfect pullover," I whispered to myself, pulling it out of my closet.

I tried on the outfit, not caring Hamzah sat before me. We had been best friends for years, his eyes on me didn't intimidate me even the least bit.

"You look nice," He said smiling.

"Stop looking at me like that Hamzah," I said grabbing my pair of platform converse.

"Like what?" He asked crossing his arms.

"Like you're in love with me or something," I laughed slightly while tying my shoelaces.

"Definitely not," He said.

"Well I sure would hope not," I said grabbing my phone off my bed.

"Anyways," Hamzah said shifting the subject. "Do your parents know you're going?"

I shook my head, "Of course not."

"You're just going to.. leave..?" He asked.

"They won't even know I'm gone," I said.

"You ready to go?" He asked standing up off my bed, twirling his keys on his index finger.

"Yup!" I said excitedly as we both climbed out of my window, I shut the window behind me, making sure it wasn't locked.