08

Alexa's Point of View

I sighed walking home alone. I went to Hamzah's class after last period but he wasn't there, maybe he skipped, but that's so unlike Hamzah.

I sloshed around in the snow as I walked, thinking of Hamzah and Aaron. Was I in a love triangle? Who would've ever thought I'd be caught up in a love triangle between my best friend and the most popular boy in my school..

Who am I kidding? Aaron probably doesn't like me, although I secretly hoped he did. I lost my virginity to him, now it feels like there's no going back to pretending he hates me. I haven't spoke to Aaron all day. Mostly because, I haven't seen him. I hope eventually I'll see him again soon.

I took out my phone as I felt it vibrate in my back pocket, there was a text from Haley.

Haley: hey! want to go get ice cream with the crew later today? you should bring hamzah!!

Me: i think hamz isn't talking to me. maybe you could invite him?

Haley: awwww no :( you good? if he comes will you still make it?

Me: i'm okay, and sure i'd still go. u probably shouldn't tell hamzah i'll be there though.

Haley: got it! but we have to talk later and you're telling me e v e r y t h i n g !!!

Me: of course hales.

I returned my phone to my back pocket and looked up from my phone to find myself so much closer to my house.

Soon enough I opened the door to my house, walking in and making my way to my room, upset. How could I be so dumb and let Aaron come before Hamzah? That was never my intention though, I just got caught up in the moment with Aaron.

In my room, I pulled the curtains to my window hoping to see Hamzah's in his. His curtains were down. They were never down.

I lied back on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I should go out and do something, take my mind off of everything.

I got up and went into my mom office, "My father isn't here?"

"Business trip," She said focusing on her computer.

"Oh," I said. "Again?"

"Yes Alexa."

"Okay well.. does that mean I can go out?" I ask her.

"Sure," She says. "Be home by ten."

"Ten? Okay," I said. "See you later."

"Be safe Alexa!" She called to me as I went back towards my room.

I grabbed my phone and my wallet and left my room, heading towards the front door. I decided I'd go to the mall, maybe Haley would want to go with me.

Me: hey hales wanna pregame and go to the mall?

Haley: sure of course, come to my place

I kept my hands in my pockets. The walk to Haley's wasn't exactly short and it was the beginning of January so it was freezing. I shivered as I kept walking.

Eventually, I made it to Haley's big house. I knocked on the front door, and was greeted by an older woman, dressed professionally.

"Hi, you must be Alexa," She smiled. "Come in." She opened the door and allowed me to walk in. "I'm Leslie Sharpe, Haley's mom."