05

Alexa's Point of View

"Why is he.. like that?" I asked Haley.

"I don't know," She said. "He's going through a lot right now."

"Oh," I said. "How so!"

She shrugged, "He won't really open up to me. I'm sure it has something to do with his dad though."

I slowly nodded my head, "Got it."

"Just don't take anything he says to heart," Haley said. "I want to be your friend because you're cool, none of that Aaron bullshit. Trust me."

"Thanks Hale," I said leaning into her for a hug.

"I told him he can come back," Haley said. "I just wanted him to go outside and blow of some steam."

"He's still out there?" I asked her.

She shrugged, "I don't know, probably."

I got up and started walking towards the door, "You ready to leave Lex?" Asked Hamzah.

I shook my head, "No, I think I just need some air." He nodded and looked back at Chase, they seemed to be getting along well.

I put my hand on the knob, mentally preparing myself to try and talk to Aaron. After what Haley said, I felt sorry for him. Sure, it was no excuse for him to act the way he was, but I began to understand him a little more.

I opened the door and stepped outside, the cold wind painting my nose and cheeks pink. I looked around, where was he? I kept walking until I saw a car, the lights on inside. It was a Prius. Aaron drove a Prius?

I walked over to the passenger side and knocked on the window and waved. He rolled down the window, "What do you want?"

"To talk," I said. "Let me in?"

He sighed and I heard a click. It must've been the door unlocking. I opened the door and sat next to him. He wouldn't look at me, he was just staring out his window.

"Aaron?" I asked.

"What?" He huffed out looking over at me.

"I'm sorry about before," I said.

"Why are you apologizing?" He asked, his words slurring, was he drunk?

"Are you trying to drive home?" I asked him.

"I- yes," He said.

"You reek of alcohol," I said crossing my arms.

"So?" He asked.

"You're drunk Aaron, you can't drive home like this," I said tilting my head. "I can bring you home if you want."

"No," He shook his head and put his head in his hands.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry Alexa," He said looking over to me, his eyes teary.

"Aaron, it's okay," I tried comforting him. "Don't be upset, I forgive you."

"I really liked you Alexa," He said.

"Huh?" I asked.

"In your freshman year," He explained.

"Two years ago?" I asked.

"We had art together. You always did really good. But I could never get your attention, no matter what I did. I would try and be funny or stupid even, but you could never take your eyes off of him.."

"Him?" I asked.

"Hamzah!" He breathed out.

"Hamzah..?" I asked. "He's like.. my brother."