09

Alexa's Point of View

I was so angry with Aaron. Maybe Hamzah was right, maybe Aaron didn't care about me. Maybe Aaron was even lying in the first place about liking me in middle school, all to sleep with me. Why me? He can get with anyone, why lie to sleep with me?

It was freezing, and I was walking all alone. The mall was a fifteen minute drive from our houses. I would be walking for at least an hour and a half.

I sighed shoving my hands in my pockets, continuing to walk alone. I heard a constant beep from a few feet away. I look around, was someone beeping at me?

Funny enough, there was Aaron's Prius, he was beeping at me alone in his car. I furrowed my eyebrows at him as he pulled up next to me, "Get in Alexa."

I shook my head, "No thanks. I think I'd rather freeze."

"Come on Alexa, at least let me give you a ride home."

I kept walking with my hands in my pockets as he drove slowly next to me. I turned to him, "I don't have a problem walking."

"You'll freeze to death before you make it home," He said, I was just noticing his face was still beat up.

I rolled my eyes and let out a deep sigh, "You don't give up, huh?"

In return, he eagerly shook his head. I sighed and walked over to his car, opening the door and sitting down.

"So..?" He said as he drove but I decided to stay quiet. "Why'd you leave?"

I titled my head to look over at him, "Seriously?"

"Ryleigh said you weren't feeling well. Haley was gonna come out to find you but I offered instead. Why don't you feel good?"

I laughed, "That's what she said?"

"Yeah.." He trailed off.

"So are we just gonna pretend like you and I didn't sleep together?" I angrily let out.

He stayed quiet, "I don't know Alexa."

"So it didn't mean to you what it meant to me," I said leaning back in the seat getting frustrated, I felt my eyes welling up with tears.

"Don't.. cry Alexa.." He said.

I stayed quiet for a few moments longer, not knowing what to say. I felt so dumb. I felt used.

"Where was Ryleigh when you needed a place to stay?" I asked crossing my arms, I looked out the window trying to avoid eye contact with him.

"I didn't need a place to stay," He said.

"Stop the car," I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Just stop it!" I raised my voice.

He stopped the car and I got out, walking towards my house.

"Alexa get back in the car," Aaron pleaded.

"Fuck off Aaron," I said not looking at him while holding my hand out with my middle finger up.

I walked the rest of the walk back to my house. I was so dumb to think he might've liked me. Or maybe us sleeping together just meant a little bit to him. He knew I was virgin, and how much that meant to me and he didn't care.

I frustratedly walked into my house and stomped all the way to my room. Do I even want to get ice cream later with Haley and her friends still? Maybe I should go just to repair things with Hamzah.

I stared at myself in the mirror and shook my head, "Dumb."

I decided if I were to go tonight, I would look my absolute best. I sat at my vanity. I should do some makeup.

I put on face makeup and did some eyeshadow with winged eyeliner. I did a nude eyeshadow look with some dusty pink and put on eyelashes. I blushed my cheeks to bring the pink all together.

I took my hair and straightened it rather than my natural waves. I went into my closet looking for an outfit. I didn't want to go too glam for the ice cream parlor or else I'd look dumb.

I grabbed an orange cami with a brown skirt. I put on a brown zip up hoodie and slipped on my white platform converse. I looked at myself in the mirror and did a 360° spin. I never got this glammed up. It was rare that I did, and today was the day.

Since my dad was still on his business trip, I didn't mind asking my mom since I knew she would say yes. I texted Haley to let her know I was still going to the parlor.

Me: hey hales!! sorry for dipping earlier, but i'll see u later at the parlor

Haley: omg i was worried but aaron said he would check up on u. u two getting close??

Me: definitely not lol

Haley: need a ride? i can pick u up in a few

Me: that would be great!!!!

I waited outside for Haley, my legs shivering in the cold. Soon enough, bright headlights nearly blinded me. It was Aaron's Prius?! I walked over to the car, Aaron rolled down his window.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I.. I told Haley I'd pick you up.." He stuttered.

"What?" I asked him getting into his car and slamming the door shut.

"You look beautiful Alexa," He said.

"Thanks," I bluntly said and rolled my eyes.

He started to drive, but kept looking back at me every few minutes, "Seriously. You look gorgeous."

"Shut up Aaron," I said looking down at my phone to text Haley.

Me: HALEY!!!!!!!

Haley: what's wrong lexi!!

Me: aaron ??

Haley: he insisted to pick u up !

Me: i'm gonna kill u haley sharpe

Haley: what's the big problem i don't understand alexaaa

Me: i'll explain later!!

"Who are you texting?" Aaron asked curiously.

"Nobody," I said staring down at my phone, but I could just tell he was still looking at me.

I looked up and he parked his car. We were at the parlor already. I got out his car without saying a word to him and pulled my skirt down.

He walked in front of me and held the door open for me. I looked up from the ground. Straight ahead was the table everyone was sitting at. I felt everyone staring at me. Haley opened her eyes wide and winked at me.

I sat down at the table with Aaron following close behind. I looked over at Hamzah who rolled his eyes.

"Who's ready to order!" Haley exclaimed looking up from her menu.