11

Alexa's Point of View

I didn't know what to do or say to Hamzah. He drove me home, made me feel like everything was okay, but it still isn't.

I couldn't sleep last night, I kept replaying the thought of Hamzah and Haley sleeping together. I'm bothered by it. Not because I like Hamzah, that's not it. It's because I know Hamzah doesn't not feel for Haley, what she feels for him.

I got up and got ready for school. It was only Tuesday? It's only been four days since the party at Aaron's house, but it's felt like forever since that day.

Since Friday, Haley and I have become super close, I slept with Aaron, Hamzah stopped being my best friend, Ryleigh is tormenting me, and Haley and Hamzah hooked up. Maybe that party was a bad idea.

I sighed, getting dressed, doing light makeup as well. I wore a burnt orange short sleeve shirt with high waisted corduroy pants and my white shoes. I grabbed my backpack and headed towards the front door.

I walked outside and looked to the right of me, no Hamzah. I continued walking to school, alone.

I signed into school and went to the cafeteria, no Hamzah. I looked around, trying to find him, but I couldn't. I sat down anyways, hoping he would eventually show up. Maybe he was just running late. As I sat I tapped my foot on the floor, keeping it in a steady rhythm.

"Alexa."

I looked up for my eyes to meet with Aaron, "Oh," I said, I wasn't expecting to see him. "Aaron?"

He sat down in front of me, his curly messy hair sat against his forehead, "I uh.. I heard what Ryleigh did at the Diner.."

I nodded my head, "Yeah.."

"I'm sorry about her, she's just.. overprotective."

I was starting to get angry, "Then why'd you do it?"

"Do what?" He asked.

"Sleep with me," I said.

"Alexa I-"

"You should've told me you had a girlfriend," I said. "I know us sleeping together didn't mean anything to you, but you should've said that it wouldn't in the beginning so we would be on the same page."

He crossed his arms, "It's not like that."

"Well that's how you've made it seem," I angrily huffed out. "So please, enlighten me, and tell me what it's really like."

"I think you're beautiful," He started.

"Do you even know anything about me?" I asked him.

He looked at me with a face of concentration, pausing for a moment before saying, "You're smart. You get good grades. You've been best friends with Hamzah forever but recently things have been different. You're favorite thing to do is play board games, but it's never any fun because you're an only child and your dad is never home. It makes you angry. Your mom is always working to occupy herself so she doesn't think about your dad. You've never had a boyfriend, hell, I don't think you've ever even had a crush on anyone. You stick to just Hamzah. But recently you made friends with the most popular girl because you have a good heart. And being friends with her landed us here having this exact conversation. That good enough?"

My mouth was slightly agape, I was confused as to how he knew so much about me and my home life. I shook my head, "You're wrong about a lot."

"Then please enlighten me," He said leaning back in his chair.

I stayed quiet for a moment, truth is, he was right about everything. I did love playing board games growing up. But as I got older my dad started to go on more business trips leaving me to feel lonely.