16

Alexa's Point of View

My head was pounding. I woke up in a bedroom with lavender colored walls. I turned over and was faced to see Haley sound asleep beside me.

I'm assuming I had fallen asleep and somehow ended up in Haley's room. I quietly got out of bed. I was still dressed in my green sweater with light blue jeans. how did I manage to sleep in my jeans?

I reached for my phone in my pocket and had a ton of missed texts from my mom. She was asking where I was but eventually assumed I had fallen asleep at Haley's. I'm guessing she met with Haley's mom after all.

As I tiptoed across her room, I tried not to wake whoever was sleeping on the floor. I think it was Chase.

I went downstairs and saw Hamzah sleeping on one couch. Aaron was nowhere to be found. I was confused on why he didn't try to take me home. Maybe I was too drunk? But I didn't even have a text from Aaron. Confused, I walked over to Hamzah and started to shake him awake, "Hamzah wake up."

He stirred in his sleep, flipping on his other side. Bothered, I nudged his shoulder once more. He groaned, "Alexa? What do you want?"

"To go home," I moaned out. "My head is killing me Hamzah."

"Alright just.. give me a second," He said groaning and getting up.

As he sat up, he ran his fingers through his loose curls. He yawned and stood up, "Where are my keys? He tapped his pockets, patting himself down, "I don't know where my keys are."

"I'll help you find them," I said as I searched around.

He started lifting the sofa's cushions while I walked around scanning the ground. I walked throughout the large house. I eventually found myself in the bathroom. Hamzah's keychain had a yellow charm of the letter H. That's what I was on the lookout for.

I walked into Haley's room, but Hamzah must have made it there first since him and Haley were whispering to each other, "Found them?" I asked. "Sorry for interrupting.."

"Yeah," He said. "Haley had them."

"Oh," I said. "Bye Haley."

"Bye Lex," Haley smiled and waved. "Text you later!"

Hamzah said one last thing to her before turning around to me. He smiled and linked his arm with mine and we went back downstairs and out to his car. I grinned widely, it was like nothing bad ever happened.

I got in the passenger side of his car and he started it, "Now we just wait for it to warm up," I said but there was no response. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing," He said lowly. "Just tired."

"Oh," I said fumbling with my fingers on my lap.

He drove in silence, eventually pulling up to my house.

"Alexa," He said just as I put my hand on the door handle.

"Yeah?"

"About last night.. I-"

"Wait what happened last night?" I asked.

"Huh?" He asked. "You don't remember?"

I shook my head, "But please spare me the details. I'd rather not hear about how I embarrassed myself last night. Being too drunk to remember is probably a blessing in disguise."

"Yeah," He awkwardly laughed. "See you later?"

"Sure," I smiled.

I leaned across the middle console and hugged him, "Thank you Hamzah."