06

Alexa's Point of View

I leaned up in my bed, the sun shining brightly in my face throw my window. I must've forgotten to pull the curtains last night.

I looked over to see Aaron, still sound asleep. His cheeks were red, but they seemed to always be like that. I reached my hands for his face, my thumb running across his cheeks in a repetitive motion.

Realizing what I was doing, I pulled my hand away quickly and got out of bed, embarrassed. I had work again today, but this time my shift was from afternoon to night.

I sighed, grabbing what I needed to shower and left my room and went into the bathroom next door. I got undressed and stepped into the steamy shower, letting the water soak my skin and hair. I hummed to myself, bopping my head around to the music playing from my phone.

I should be quick, just in case Aaron wakes up so he's not confused. After I showered, I brushed my teeth. I wrapped my hair up in my towel and got dressed in my sweatpants and t-shirt before making my way back to my room.

When I walked into my room, Aaron was gone. I was very confused. I dropped my clothes in my hamper and left my room, searching my house for him. But Aaron was nowhere to be found.

I went back into my room, feeling a breeze traveling through my room. My eyes fell onto the window that was cracked open. Aaron left? I should text Hamzah.

Me: Hamz come over

Hamz: got it

Soon enough, my window was pulled open by Hamzah, and he climbed into my room.

"Is it safe for me to lay in your bed?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Shut up Hamzah, we only slept."

Hamzah let out a laugh before plopping himself onto my bed next to me, "Where did he go?" Hamzah asked.

"That's the thing," I laughed taking my hair out of the towel and grabbing a hair brush. "I have no clue."

"What do you mean you have no clue?" Hamzah asked.

"I mean I have no clue," I said brushing my hair. "I went to shower and when I came back, he was gone."

"Was he awake before you left?"

"No," I shook my head and stood up. "Sound asleep."

"Should you text him?" Hamzah asked.

"I don't know," I said staring at myself in my mirror while pulling my hair into a ponytail.

"Not the ponytail," Hamzah said. "You have work today?"

"Yeah, one to nine," I said.

"That's the worst," Hamzah said.

I nodded walking over to my bed and lying next to him.

"What are you doing today?" I asked Hamzah.

"Haley asked to hang out but I don't think I'll go," He said.

"Haley invited you to hang out?" I asked.

"Weird, I know," He said.

"The most popular girl in our grade — our school even — asked you to hang out and you don't want to?" I asked him. "She's so hot, what's wrong with you?"

"I don't know," Hamzah said. "She's just not the girl I want."

"Oh look at you being emo," I said judging him.